i currently have a korg ga-30 and i quite like it but i think it is time i look at changing it to a chromatic tuner. i am looking at getting a pedal tuner as i'm noticing that when i play my guitar seems to go out of tune, and i find it annoying having to unplug my guitar from my amp to tune it, and i think by having a pedal tuner it will be easier for me to tune. i have about €50, £45 or $75 to spend so any recomendations are greatly appreciated.
$ = pitchplack

$$ = turbo tuner

$$$ = Peterson rack

All great options.
Quote by Rutch
$ = pitchplack

$$ = turbo tuner

$$$ = Peterson rack

All great options.

i'm liking the looks of the pitchblack
Yeah, Pitchblack all the way. Does the job with no problems, and it looks cool as well.
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
Can't go wrong with the pitchblack. It's also got a power out so you can power your other pedals by buying a daisy chain cord. I recommend them highly.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
any other suggestions as i may not be able to get hold of the korg, i know i can get hold of the boss tu-2
I would get the turbo tuner. It is a bit more money that the others, but way more accurate and easier to get precise tuning. For normal tuning the Pitchblack is OK, but for fine-tuning things like intonation, the turbo tuner is way easier to use. It picks up notes immediately and I find the display easier to get exact tuning.

Some argue that it is too accurate, that the fact that it is hundreds of times more accurate than a Korg or Boss is wasted money. I disagree, obviously you don't need every bit of that accuracy, but it is easier to set/fine tune and I definely noticed a difference in setting the intonation with this over my boss tuner.

Others have had similar experiences...
http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Effects/product/Sonic+Research/Turbo+Tuner+ST-122/10/1

There is a reason professionals use strobe tuners.
Last edited by Chetbango at Sep 28, 2009,
Peterson Strobe tuner adapter cord and app for my iPhone cost less than $25. Works with iPod touch too. Best tuner I've ever used at any price. (iPhone haters spare me the flames)
real guitarists dont use tuners

i vote for the pitchblack
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
thanks everyone i'll try get the korg, and to everyone that suggested a strobe tuner yes i would love one but i can't afford one due to the fact i'm getting a new amp at the end of october
Quote by britishsligean
thanks everyone i'll try get the korg, and to everyone that suggested a strobe tuner yes i would love one but i can't afford one due to the fact i'm getting a new amp at the end of october

A strobe tuner is like 40 bucks more than that Korg.
Quote by Chetbango
A strobe tuner is like 40 bucks more than that Korg.

$99.00

vs.

$199.00

I'm no math major but I believe that's a $100.00 dollar difference. And yes that is a lot of money to some people.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Quote by boxcarmonument
$99.00

vs.

$199.00

I'm no math major but I believe that's a $100.00 dollar difference. And yes that is a lot of money to some people.

Well sir, if you took the time to follow the link I posted when I recommended the turbo tuner, you could have saved yourself the trouble of posting. I used 89 bucks as the price of the Korg, as if you look around, you can buy it for that.

Now, go here http://www.turbo-tuner.com/.

Now re-engage your math brain.

You will see that my $40 figure was accurate.

Thanks !

Oh, and you can recoup that 40 bucks when you realize that you can now set-up your guitar quite well without taking it to a shop.
Last edited by Chetbango at Sep 29, 2009,
Quote by Chetbango
Well sir, if you took the time to follow the link I posted when I recommended the turbo tuner, you could have saved yourself the trouble of posting. I used 89 bucks as the price of the Korg, as if you look around, you can buy it for that.

Now, go here http://www.turbo-tuner.com/.

Now re-engage your math brain.

You will see that my $40 figure was accurate.

Thanks !

Oh, and you can recoup that 40 bucks when you realize that you can now set-up your guitar quite well without taking it to a shop.

I sir apologize for not seeing your earlier posting with the link. You win. And you are correct.
thanks for the strobe tuner recomendation but it is simply to much for me gettting the korg pitchblack is still abit too much but it apears to be worth a little more than my budget
get a korg pitchblack or an ibanez lu20
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Boss TU-2. A lot of people use it so I guess you can't go wrong with it.
Guitars:

Squier Standard Telecaster
Takamine EG-240

Guitar Effects:

Korg AX5G Muti-Effects Pedal
Boss DS-2
Boss DD-7

Read and follow my tumblog

Follow me on twitter
Quote by mothership
get a korg pitchblack or an ibanez lu20

the ibanez looks nice and it is almost in my price range, i'll try have a good look at one if i can find one when i go looking for the pedal