Page 1 of 2
Marriage:

Does it mean anything anymore? Is it just a useless tradition? Do you plan on getting married? Do you think you will get married anyway?
How many guitar players does it take to change a light bulb?

Twelve. One to change the bulb and eleven to say they could do it better.
Useless tradition. Don't intend to do it.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
It means a lot! It is NOT a useless tradition. I do plan on getting married, but far down the road. Like 30 at the earliest. I believe in a thing called love. But actaully i do. I think there are lots of good marriages and lots of bad ones. People who get married cuz she's knocked up=no good for the most part, wedlock, etc.etc.

but people who LOVE eachother. It just warms my heart.
When you propose your girlfriend will give you the best sex ever.

May as well.

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
I can see myself getting a shotgun-marriage, if that doesn't happen I'm probably not getting married.

Oh and maybe I'll get a drunken vegas wedding. Ladies.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
That women is very unattractive.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
If two people want to do it, why not?
I expect to die alone and unmourned, so I have no plans to get married.
Kensai's post made me thinkg of Panic at the Disco...

When I say shotgun you sayd wedding!
Shotgun! Wedding!
Shotgun! Wedding!

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Not sure if I'll get married, but I know that I looove weddings for some reason!
Went past one yesterday and I was like :O ... I think I'm turning gay
I don't see the point in it. It seems like a useless tradition to me. However, if the women I want to spend the rest of my life with feels differently then I'll swallow my pride and do it to make her happy.
hello
At least it has some legal meaning (leaving your property to your spouse if you suddenly die and such things)
It means something to me
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
I'm not sure on this matter. Part of me says it's just a piece of paper that means nothing if we still love eachother and are together. Yet another part says it is taking it a step further and makes the relationship stronger.
Quote by thanksgiving

Shotgun! Wedding!
Shotgun! Wedding!

...cool story bro.

I plan on not getting married.
If we let two men get married, then what's next? A man marrying his dog? What's after that? A dog marrying inanimate objects? "We now pronounce you dog and frying pan." That's a slippery slope, my friends.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
If we let two men get married, then what's next? A man marrying his dog? What's after that? A dog marrying inanimate objects? "We now pronounce you dog and frying pan." That's a slippery slope, my friends.

If it's slippery, then there's no need to pause to lube up! Tally ho!
A nice tradition in my opinion. It's about commitment and saying "from all the people out there, I choose YOU!"
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by thanksgiving

Shotgun! Wedding!
Shotgun! Wedding!

You and I are from different worlds ಠ_ಠ

Quote by element4433

Plus let's not forget, everyone who wants gays to marry is a homosexual.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
It is stupid in principle. The legal benefits are the only reason I would do it, I suppose, if I really felt like I was going to stay with my husband for the rest of my life. Well...not the rest of my life I guess, but for enough time that we might as well take advantage of the laws.
it is a bit of a useless tradition, doesn't mean much in reality nowadays, but it is a big symbol.

I plan on getting married I think, whether I will get married, I don't know.. I know men who still live at home with their parents in their 50's.. that's just embarrassing
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by Meths

bingo

don't really see the point
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Quote by Altitudinous
It means a lot! It is NOT a useless tradition. I do plan on getting married, but far down the road. Like 30 at the earliest. I believe in a thing called love. But actaully i do. I think there are lots of good marriages and lots of bad ones. People who get married cuz she's knocked up=no good for the most part, wedlock, etc.etc.

but people who LOVE eachother. It just warms my heart.

Quote by abstract pie
Ahh the pit. Where conversations of Pokemon Cards can turn into ones of wizard homosexuality

You are everything I want...
...'Cause you are...

...Everything I'm not.

Atheism. Is. Not. A. Religion.
Today's saints were yesterday's sellouts
^
Quote by Tango616
Watching a fat kid dance around in a white shirt....wow...Al Gore was right...the glaciers really ARE shifting.

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
It's because Fassa got banned

RIP Dime
I don't really have plans for marriage, but I'm not particularly opposed to it.

I figure I'll probably just be dating a girl for awhile, and eventually we'll end up moving in together, and after X years, we'll just say "**** it, maybe we should just get married."
There will probably be a signature here at some point.
I would have said "why does it matter if you're married? What difference does it make?", but I suppose it shows more of a commitment to the other person (since it's supposed to last until one of you dies). Something that shouldn't be rushed though, I imagine that's why so many marriages fail - people doing it too soon.

Also, got legal benifits...

As for me marrying, I'm still alone, so I'm a few stages away from that - maybe someday
That really is up to you. Some people place a high value on marriage, others look at it as unnecessary. Still others act like they place a high value on marriage and then they bail out when things get tough. It really depends on you. The only thing that I will add is that if you decide to get married, make sure you understand your future spouses' opinion on marriage. If you place a high value on marriage and your spouse does not, don't be surprised if when the going gets tough, your spouse decides to bail.
It is a useless tradition, but it's one I plan to partake in
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Weddings don't mean anything anymore, and it's not news either. It has been that way for centuries. Many cultures, both ancient and modern, have forced marriages. Ones that don't have come to have around half of the marriages to end in divorce. What's the point?

It could just be me saying this because I'm male, I find that most woman want to get married. Personally, I'm not against it, I just don't care. If a girl that I wanted to be with wanted a ceremony, I'd give it to her
No minggeling for me before Marriage so I'm looking quiet forward to marriage!
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
Quote by Meths

Once again, Meths sums it up in one sentence.
I don't particularly care if it's considered useless, archaic or just a waste of money; I still like the idea of marriage, and regardless of the statistics of divorce people throw around or whatever, I want to be married to a woman I love enough to spend my life with. I don't see much of a problem with that.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Last edited by freddaahh at Sep 28, 2009,
Page 1 of 2