Hey guys, I'm currently researching info for my Orange Dual Terror/Avatar G212H setup, and since it's my first serious rig and I'm all but ignorant in electronics, I have a couple questions.

First, one of my options is stereo vs mono. what are the differences? my speakers will be Celestions, one vintage 30 and one G12H30. I get the impression this isn't a big deal since none of the FAQs and a brief search yielded no results, but I'd rather be safe than sorry..

Also, I can't find the impedance for the Dual Terror anywhere. Which is annoying. The cab options are 4-16 Ohms. From the Orange website:

"Orange heads may be used with single 8 or 16 ohm cabinets. Use a quality speaker cable* and connect to the appropriate impedance output."

Kind of vague.. what do you suggest? The best bet is to match the impedance exactly, is that right?

Lastly, the speaker cables.. any recommendations? Also, is there anything else I need as far as equipment to be ready to play?

Thanks for any help...
First, one of my options is stereo vs mono. what are the differences? my speakers will be Celestions, one vintage 30 and one G12H30. I get the impression this isn't a big deal since none of the FAQs and a brief search yielded no results, but I'd rather be safe than sorry..

Go with mono. Stereo is better suited to stereo amps or multiple amps.

The vintage 30 and g12h30 sounds like a great combo; mixing different speaker voicings in a 2x12 can yield excellent, textured results.

Also, I can't find the impedance for the Dual Terror anywhere. Which is annoying. The cab options are 4-16 Ohms. From the Orange website:

"Orange heads may be used with single 8 or 16 ohm cabinets. Use a quality speaker cable* and connect to the appropriate impedance output."

Kind of vague.. what do you suggest? The best bet is to match the impedance exactly, is that right?

The difference in 4 and 16 ohms on a 2x12 is just the wiring (4 = parallel, 16 = series). It's safe to assume that both speakers are 8 ohm, so this can be switched any time by moving around a couple of wires.

Stick with 16 ohm for now, simply because the Dual Terror has a 16 ohm tap.

Lastly, the speaker cables.. any recommendations? Also, is there anything else I need as far as equipment to be ready to play?

Thanks for any help...

Monster is good, I prefer Mogami. I'd recommend pretty much anything with a lifetime warranty, so long as it's actually SPEAKER cable!
Do not use guitar cable, even though they have the same connections...

As a side note, never EVER turn the amp to ON without the speakers plugged in.

You should be ready to crank it up and go!