Alrighty, tons more reading and now I'm back with another question for the masses:

Blackstar BT-5 vs Blackheart Little Giant

The obvious winner on features is the Blackstar, and price is the Little Giant, HOWEVER:

The Blackheart is a true single ended amp while the Blackstar is a Push Pull amp. Single ended is known for better sound (even vs odd harmonics?)

I won't pretend to know the difference in sound, but there is NO Blackstar dealer near me, so I'm unable to hear them. Please give me some advice. I'm sure I will be happy either way, but I don't want to get the blackstar here and say "Oh ****!" And sell it for a Blackheart.

Thanks a ton! Your advice so far has been spot on helpful!
Well, depending on what you play, the Blackheart could be better with a few good pedals, which would equal the Blackstar.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
I love my Blackheart
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
I play tons of stuff, from classical to classic rock, to southern rock, to crazy metal. I use a rp350 right now (trying to learn what pedals I need) and dig on the effects loop on the blackstar (just so I can throw reverb/chorus/etc and such after the preamp)

I am just wondering if I should go with the blackheart solely because of the S-E design. The downside is I'll probably mod the blackheart (Bitmo tone switch), and not the blackstar. Such a hard choice IMO.

-JNY
Quote by LezPaulEpiphone
The Blackheart cannot do metal without a pedal.

Completely understood. I will be playing metal with a pedal anyway since I have a 5 month old. Cranking even a 5 watt to metal levels will kill me (echoing house.)
btw, probably going with a custom pedal (local guy is GOOD) or a blackstar tubed metal distortion pedal for that.
Blackhearts are quality amps, not really suited for metal, but with a pedal they could do well (I'm not sure though, all I know is they love pedals).

And dude, instead of posting another post, use the edit button
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
If you want classic metal in a 5 watter a Blackheart Little Giant plus a Fulltone OCD or BB preamp should do the trick. I bought my Blackheart as a first tube amp kinda thing and was planning on replacing it, after owning it for about a week i decided it's never leaving me.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by I am wet
If you want classic metal in a 5 watter a Blackheart Little Giant plus a Fulltone OCD or BB preamp should do the trick. I bought my Blackheart as a first tube amp kinda thing and was planning on replacing it, after owning it for about a week i decided it's never leaving me.

Thanks for that info,

I'm just so reluctant to buy the blackstar without hearing it in person. sucks.