Page 1 of 2
Don't really know what to look for, so any advice is appreciated!
Quote by LukeElliff
IF you want faster stumming then loosen your strings, that will force you into using more strength

Quote by pantallica95
i dont know about the polarity and ****, but my regular ones just wont go in the hole without a lot of force.
Alot of people will recommend Mogami.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by I am wet
Alot of people will recommend Mogami.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--MOGGGTR

Looks sweet.
Quote by LukeElliff
IF you want faster stumming then loosen your strings, that will force you into using more strength

Quote by pantallica95
i dont know about the polarity and ****, but my regular ones just wont go in the hole without a lot of force.
I like planet waves because if they break you can just take them back to the store and they'll give you a new one for free
dude have you tried the planet waves cirsuit breaker?
"Sign your guitar? I'll sign your arse if you want me to!" - Herman Li, at a guitar clinic in Malaysia

Yea so you may want to check that out, I haven't played with them yet but alot of people here love them. I've got Planet Waves Custom Pros.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Someone should do an A/B demo on those expensive cables..
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Both the Circuit Breaker and that Mogami cable look good! Probably not, but does anybody find if the quality of the cables affects your tone at all?
Quote by LukeElliff

Quote by pantallica95
I switched from Monster to Mogami a while back. Best decision I made in a long time.
Squier VM Jazzmaster
Superfuzz/ RAT/ OCD /DE7/ Spring Chicken/ DL-4
Vox AC15C1/ Ampeg Jet 12T/ Guitar Rig
Zzyzx magetic Cables, bro.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Kanthras
Someone should do an A/B demo on those expensive cables..

Guitar Player did a while back. IIRC, the best ones weren't the priciest on the list. the best ones were the Dimarzio Steve Vai Sig and a couple of Mogamis.

if i can find the magazine, i'll scan the chart ans post pics.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Quote by forsaknazrael
I don't trust magazine reviews for anything. There have been more impartial reviews I've seen, going simply by frequency analysis and capacitance. Most of it was negligible differences - meaning really expensive cables weren't 200 dollars better.

i guess. it's a good jumping off point, though. most people can't try lots of nice cables themselves. all fo the guitar shops in my area carry three kinds of cables: Rodham, Bullet and Planet Waves.

the only reason i use Zzyzx is because i got one free from Guitar World . but the sound quality and clairity impressed me and i've been hooked on 'em since. the price ain't too bad, either. it's only $36 for a 15 footer.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
That's not too bad, figured it'd be more, since it's all fancy.

I support building your own. Some Switchcraft look-a-likes and some Canare cable, add some heat shrink tubing for stability and strength, and you've got a cable better than pretty much everything they usually sell at stores. Lower capacitance, more solid construction (provided you do it right. I do it very similar to Death Valley cables), and cheaper.
Quote by forsaknazrael
That's not too bad, figured it'd be more, since it's all fancy.

I support building your own. Some Switchcraft look-a-likes and some Canare cable, add some heat shrink tubing for stability and strength, and you've got a cable better than pretty much everything they usually sell at stores. Lower capacitance, more solid construction (provided you do it right. I do it very similar to Death Valley cables), and cheaper.

if they sold Magnetic cable tips, i'd be all over building my own.

it's funny, before i got my cable, i was like "my god, what a gimmick". but they're actually incredibly useful. i want to get a bunch of pedal connector cables so i can switch the order up in a couple of seconds.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Planet waves..........no complaints.
Quote by Jhachey22
if they sold Magnetic cable tips, i'd be all over building my own.

it's funny, before i got my cable, i was like "my god, what a gimmick". but they're actually incredibly useful. i want to get a bunch of pedal connector cables so i can switch the order up in a couple of seconds.

Hah! That'd be pretty sweet.
Mogamis do have the lifetime guarantee, so they can be swapped out any time at GC or Sam Ash or any dealer. Don't even need a receipt and they hold up like tanks.

I bought a nice 20 footer for 40 bucks a long time ago, and I trade in on a new one every year or so just to be safe.

The circuit breaker cables have given me trouble, so I steer clear of them.

Bullet cables makes the best coily on the market, IMHO.
I think I'm gonna be going with a 25 footer Mogami, with a straight/right angle.
Quote by LukeElliff

Quote by pantallica95
Quote by Rutch
Mogamis do have the lifetime guarantee, so they can be swapped out any time at GC or Sam Ash or any dealer. Don't even need a receipt and they hold up like tanks.

I bought a nice 20 footer for 40 bucks a long time ago, and I trade in on a new one every year or so just to be safe.

The circuit breaker cables have given me trouble, so I steer clear of them.

Bullet cables makes the best coily on the market, IMHO.

the man speaks the truth.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Quote by forsaknazrael
Which one? I don't trust any cable with plastic plug enclosures.

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Mogami-Gold-Instrument-Cable-AngledStraight-?sku=338012

25 footer.
Quote by LukeElliff

Quote by pantallica95
I'm curious now, how good are those Bullet Cables? :P
Quote by LukeElliff

Quote by pantallica95
Quote by TonyIommi2557
I'm curious now, how good are those Bullet Cables? :P

they're decent, but i find they're more for nostalgia then anything else, thb.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
I really like my Death Valley Cables. They're lifetime guaranteed. And they're handmade to any lngth you want and use those copper G&H plugs. I think they sound the best, and I've compared mine to a lot of other brands on the market. I bought a couple a year or so ago. Liked them so much that I changed all my stomp-box patch cords over too.
Well, to make things sound silly, any cables that I could most likely find at Guitar Center or Sam Ash that fit this criteria? I need a new cable within 4 days...
Quote by LukeElliff

Quote by pantallica95
Quote by TonyIommi2557
Well, to make things sound silly, any cables that I could most likely find at Guitar Center or Sam Ash that fit this criteria? I need a new cable within 4 days...

Zzyzx.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Quote by Jhachey22
Zzyzx.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--JODSNAPJACK

This?
Quote by LukeElliff

Quote by pantallica95
Quote by LukeElliff

Quote by pantallica95
Bump! D:
Quote by LukeElliff

Quote by pantallica95
Quote by Skierinanutshel
(why are you bumping? there are plenty of great answers in this thread)

I'm particularly interested in the Mogami, but apparently that'd be a bad choice because of the plastic connectors!
Quote by LukeElliff

Quote by pantallica95
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Mogami-Silver-Series-14-Straight-Instrument-Cable?sku=339028

I use those Mogami cables, and they're the best cables I've ever used.

Compare that to a Monster cable I bought out of necessity, which failed on me within two weeks of purchase.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Can I just ask, what's wrong with the Monster Rock cables?
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Page 1 of 2