Okay here is my scenario for this upcoming xmas:

-Schecter Omen 6 Extreme (That my parents will def. get)
-Fender MIM Strat (That my parents MIGHT get)
-Blackheart Little Giant Halfstack (That my parents will def. get)

I can only get one of the above and I really don't know which one will be best for me.

My lineup would be:

Schecter Omen 6 Extreme > BD-2 > Peavey Vypyr 30
Fender MIM Strat > BD-2 > Peavey Vypyr 30
Squier Affinity Strat > BD-2 > Blackheart

**The reason the BD-2 is in the chain is because its easy to get the "classic" tone without having to fiddle and fart with my vypyr.

I play classic rock, classic metal (mostly maiden), a tad of blues, and then some more modern stuff.
I don't believe in signatures. Ah, sh...
i would recomend the mim but you might have to save a couple $. how do you like the modded bd-2? i have a bunch of boss pedals and think the distortion pedals like bd-2 ds-1 etc all sound the same, just curious
Quote by cainmd
i would recomend the mim but you might have to save a couple $. how do you like the modded bd-2? i have a bunch of boss pedals and think the distortion pedals like bd-2 ds-1 etc all sound the same, just curious

I havent played one first hand, but I heard clips. I find the BD-2 and DS-1 to sound wayy different. The DS-1 sounds really lifeless to me, the BD-2 I quite like.

EDIT: Both suck tone when off though (the bd-2 and ds-1)
Squiers are not bad guitars. I would prefer the amp, but that might just be me. Nothing is more awesome than a new amp.
Quote by HowerPower
Squiers are not bad guitars. I would prefer the amp, but that might just be me. Nothing is more awesome than a new amp.

Would it be good choice to buy the tube amp, and then for like $30 get a pair of Fender Standard pickups until I can splooge for Seymour Duncans?
Quote by ~Shred Hero~
Would it be good choice to buy the tube amp, and then for like $30 get a pair of Fender Standard pickups until I can splooge for Seymour Duncans?

Wouldn't be bad at all, and it's a good learning experience to play around/install different pickups.
It'd work. I run an Affinity into a Little Giant and it sounds pretty good for the low cost. With some simple mods it would definately be a very good tone.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray