Hey guys, out of shear boredom I was just wondering who your favorite technical guitarists are and who you think is the best one...sorry if this has been done, I'm listening to Liquid Tension Experiment, so it got my mind goin haha....thanks, have fun!
My Gear
Modified BC Rich Warbeast Bloodbound
Stagg Acoustic/Electric
Epiphone SG Special(currently being modified)
Line 6 Spider II 120 Watt 4x12 Combo
Boss Overdrive
Petrucci is a beast.

I think Steve Vai is my favourite technical guitarist.

Cesar Huesca and GGuerra are also very good.
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
Steve Vai
Michael Angelo Batio
Marshall MG15DFX
Line 6 Spider III
Squier Strat Standard
Ibanez RG350EX
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Signature Wah
Muhammed Suicmez of Necrophagist is a freak when it comes to technicality. Too bad I can't stand to listen to death metal.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Luc Lemay.

/thread
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
cant pick between michael angelo batio, rusty cooley, john petrucci, and john 5.

petrucci and john 5 are my favs so far as just like casual listening goes but michael angelo batio and rusty cooley are just so damn fast lol not that the other two arent though.
Quote by toyboxmonster
Thomas Erak

+1

thats what immediately came to mind at first reading the thread title
PM me about logos and merch

Quote by RU Experienced?
Sorry man, I only know how to program in Db.

Quote by genghisgandhi
I'm so underground that I make up bands and songs in my head and don't tell anyone about them.
Easily Guthrie Govan. The man combines colossal technical ability with a highly sophisticated sense of composition and note placement. Sadly, the man has only one solo record. Bloody Guthrie needs to hole up and record 50 more albums <_<
Typing in purple makes me look a bit like an elitist. I highly enjoy it.
The most technically proficient guitarist I know of would probably be Shawn Lane just for his insane speed. Also T.J. Helmerich for his 8 finger typing style and Jason Becker for being a beautiful composer and technically astounding guitarist. When I'm in the mood I also enjoy Satch, Vai, Petrucci, Gilbert etc. but sometimes I just need something that strays from that traditional rock sound and Buckethead is really good for that.
I like them all, but as for the most technical Shawn Lane or Guthrie Govan, check them out if you haven't they are both phenomenal guitarists and musicians.