My Ibanez floyd rose (single locking) is becoming a pain. What is a simple way for me to block it? I don't have any tools or anything to cut wood. And I don't have any wood either. I was just wondering if there was another simple fix using household materials. Also, is there any way I can make it dive only without installing a tremol-no or anything of the sort?
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
I've heard a 9 volt battery also does the job.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
I've also heard that those big rectangular erasers work well too.
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at Sep 28, 2009,
pennies stacked up works very well. throw some masking tape around 7 or 8 pennies and make a couple stacks like that. jam them between the block and the wood, it's a really sturdy fit. My guitar tech was surprised when I told him.
------

Shwiggity.
Do I need to stick the pennies on both sides of the trem block or just one? And do I have to tighten the springs once i put the pennies in?
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
no, you'll want to leave the springs loose after you've blocked it, so not to stretch out the springs.

and no, (again), it'll only have to be between the block and the butt-end of the guitar (where the bottom strap button is).
------

Shwiggity.
If I put them in the butt end, how does that prevent me from pulling up on the bar? ( or accidently pushing on bridge with my hand
Ibanez RG270
Switch Wild I
Strat Copy

ProCo Rat Vintage RI
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez FZ7 Fuzz
Danelectro DJ-6 Phaser
because the system works on a fulcrum; when you're pushing down on the bar, it hits the pennies. why would you have the bar in if you're blocking the trem anyway? Pushing hard on the bridge shouldn't do much either if you loosen the springs, the string tension willhold the block against the pennies. If you really push that hard on the bridge, you'll probably wanna revamp your picking technique to play on a floyd.
------

Shwiggity.