Sorry guys I know this has been covered (A lot!) but I have seen 2 Ricky copies and was wondering what you tough.
Seen a Tokai Rokin'better for £350 and an Indie for £430. Cant imagine the indie has much of a chance of gettin close in terms of sound. What do you think of these?
Didn't we have a thread on this exact topic literally two or three days ago?

Neither is going to sound exactly "like a Ric," as Ric's have a pretty unique sound, but they're as close as you can get without breaking the bank on the real deal
Quote by Casketcreep
Just noting;
I have called bagsy on the one that's currently on eBay.

Student loans just came in, so you won't beat me

What? Other students being able to afford new gear? and here I am slowly starving in my dorm so I can afford a new set of flatwounds...
I have an indie, it's a great guitar and with a good amp makes that nice punchy rickenbacker tone.

But the rockinbetter looks more like a rick and would probably sound better, I wanted to get a tokai but I couldent find one for under 1000 dollars Canadian so I bought the indie but hey 340 pounds is a steal for a tokai rockinbetter i'd get on that.
Last edited by 505 at Sep 28, 2009,
Quote by teamcooper
Sorry guys I know this has been covered (A lot!) but I have seen 2 Ricky copies and was wondering what you tough.
Seen a Tokai Rokin'better for £350 and an Indie for £430. Cant imagine the indie has much of a chance of gettin close in terms of sound. What do you think of these?

The tokai is the best of the two but there are better copies out there. look out for "Anniversary" copies. They are much better than both the tokai and the indie. Also if you keep your eyes open long enough you might stumble upon a good deal on an old aria or ibanez rick copy and those things are the tits. They beat most if not all rick copies into the ground

before I forget. Shine guitars make a rick copy that seems pretty good on paper. Maple body, Seymour Duncan rick pickups, massive bridge. It ticks all the boxes but I've never seen one to play it.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.