I want to get a new bridge pickup for my Epiphone Les Paul Standard. I want to get a Seymour Duncan, but am not sure on which model. I play mostly alternative rock with some metal. I play songs from bands such as Foo Fighters, Incubus, Nirvana, Metallica, Led Zeppelin, the White Stripes, the Beatles. So, I would like a pickup that soundds great with distortion, as well as clean. What should I get?
why are you set on seymour duncan if you dont know what model/type you want ?
ESP Eclipse I CTM FR (KGC BRASS BLOCK + IronGear Blues Engine + Dirty Torque + BCS Wiring Kit
Jet City Fusion

Blackstar S1-104 EL34

Engl Standard 4x12 (V60's)

Korg PitchBlack
ZCAT Delay-Reverb
Snarling Dogs Whine-O-Wah
dimarzio PAF or duncan pearly gates. dont limit yourself to one brand.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Quote by AngusJimiKeith
dimarzio PAF or duncan pearly gates. dont limit yourself to one brand.

or even a major brand. custom wound pickups are usually in the same ballpark as big company pickups but they can be tweaked. usually f.o.c. (free of charge)
Or non-handmade but still quality pickups

I know IronGear are awesome.....also heard good things about tonerider, GFS, Kent armstrong, rockfield.
ESP Eclipse I CTM FR (KGC BRASS BLOCK + IronGear Blues Engine + Dirty Torque + BCS Wiring Kit
Jet City Fusion

Blackstar S1-104 EL34

Engl Standard 4x12 (V60's)

Korg PitchBlack
ZCAT Delay-Reverb
Snarling Dogs Whine-O-Wah
bareknuckles are amazing, also CordoroyEW and nuthinbuttrubl8 are users on ug that both make custom pickups.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Oh yeah, I should have mentioned, I only have $70. And I am not limiting myself just to Seymour Duncans. I have yet to have a guitar with SD's and I really just want totry them out. Thanks for the help so far. Are there any Duncans that would sound good with the bands listed in my original post that are in my price range?
But if you're set on Duncan, try the JB or the SH-5.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
JB, def. try the JB if ur limited to $70
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
Ok, I got the Seymour Duncan SH-4 JB on eBay today, I just have to wait for it to ship. I was wondering, on my Les Paul, the pickups are covered. Would I be able to take the cover off the bridge pickup currently installed, and put it on the JB? And how would I install the New JB to the guitar?
Any help?
Quote by savage94
put the guitar in a big bin and light a yellow smoke bomb at the bottom and put the lid on. i think it should work.
You could, but I wouldn't recommend it. Open humbuckers look so much better than covered ones. If you need to, CordoroyEW has a tutorial on shellac potting, which is what you'll need to do.

As for installing it, you simply desolder the old one, and solder the new one in.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.