Page 1 of 2
So there's a student at my school whose father is a preacher at a local church. I live in a small town where 98% of the population is christians. He drives a car to our school that has many bible references, dates, names, all kinds of things all over it and some parents started complaining. Our school also hands out stuff with church advertisements on it because a local church basically sponsors our school. I'm very angry about all of this because it looks like the school won't do anything about it and I'm offended, so I thought I would rant a little bit. What do you think about all this? Any similarities where you live? Am I being a little dumb about this?
Quote some nietzche?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Eh freedom of speech, And if you school is sponsored by them and they give you money, they wont say a word
Fight the war, fuck the norm
Now I got no patience
So sick of complacence
With the D the E the F the I the A the N the C the E
Mind of a revolutionary
So clear the lane
...Whoever told you that is your enemy?
The car part, well if he isn't parking it inside the school then i don't see a problem.

Passing out church related stuff during school hours, thats a little iffy.
epic7734
Manchester! I thought you'd be from the USA. If it's a church funded school what can you do?
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
At least your school doesn't have its own chapel...
- - - - - - - -
When I think of the perpetual journey through life
When it always feels like autumn
The wind moves slowly to the north
And the flowers die
Rain falls in my dreams

- - - - - - - -
So who's car are we egging?
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
I'm actually currently living in America. Ohio to be precise. And I'm not going to "cry a river, build a bridge, and get over it". There are laws against this. That's why I'm furious.
They can't pass out religious stuff during school hours, but if the church wants to donate money to the school they can.
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Quote by CaparisonCore
I'm actually currently living in America. Ohio to be precise. And I'm not going to "cry a river, build a bridge, and get over it". There are laws against this. That's why I'm furious.

...Manchester, Ohio?

Edit: Well suck me sideways http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester,_Ohio
Last edited by RU Experienced? at Sep 28, 2009,
Quote by goest
Step 1: Cry a river
Step 2: Build a bridge
Step 3: Get over it

Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
i dont get it, youre offended because of the way this kids acts (JESUSFREEK) or youre offended that the school might do something about it to stop him from acting that way?
Member #19 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club."

Quote by chaoticmayhem
Toads are cool; it's those frog bastards that I don't like.

Whats your philosophy on life?
its so good to be back!
At my school some guy was always holding an anti abortion sign for almost 20 years. He got shot and killed about 3 weeks ago.
Obviously Fassa.
Quote by Ninja Vampirate

But on your profile...

Plus if he is born 1980...?

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by CaparisonCore

So the fact that a guy is using his right to freedom of speech by driving around in a car "covered" in religious memorabilia pisses you off?

Same thing with the church. The aforementioned advertisements aren't commanding that you go. It's all within the boundaries of your petty laws.

Built that bridge yet?
Quote by The*Music*Man
i dont get it, youre offended because of the way this kids acts (JESUSFREEK) or youre offended that the school might do something about it to stop him from acting that way?

The school is handing out religious pamphlets to convert people or garner more attention to the Church and what have you.
No. Right outside of Cincinnati, Ohio. Manchester is where my parents live. I'm currently living with my uncle. Anyway, the car is on school grounds right in the parking lot, so it shouldn't be okay, and they're sending out flyers advertising a church at our school, and that is illegal and offensive.
Quote by CaparisonCore
No. Right outside of Cincinnati, Ohio. Manchester is where my parents live. I'm currently living with my uncle. Anyway, the car is on school grounds right in the parking lot, so it shouldn't be okay, and they're sending out flyers advertising a church at our school, and that is illegal and offensive.

I assume your panties are also in a twist over the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance in our nation's schools?
Quote by CaparisonCore

Put a sticker on your car that says "Fuck the Fucking Fuckers" and park at the church. That'll show em what's up.
Quote by herby190

Quote by theking182

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
Quote by Minkaro
Is nothing true on the internet anymore?! Frenchy isn't actually a girl.

I hope you're still a doddering old git. It'd break my poor little heart to hear otherwise.

Oh, of course >.>

Damn, arthritis! And such. Erectile dysfunction, you know what I'm talking about >.>
theyre not forcing you to go to church and theyre arent forcing you to read anything so get the **** over it and quit bitching
Quote by goest
I assume your panties are also in a twist over the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance in our nation's schools?

1. You're a retard.
2. I haven't built that bridge, because by technicalities, they ARE in fact illegal. I already checked it out.
3. I don't have a problem with the pledge of allegiance. The pledge of allegiance isn't advertising Jesus.
Last edited by CaparisonCore at Sep 28, 2009,
Quote by CaparisonCore
1. You're a retarded dick.
2. I haven't built that bridge, because by technicalities, they ARE in fact illegal. I already checked it out.
3. I don't have a problem with the pledge of allegiance. The pledge of allegiance isn't advertising Jesus.

"under god"...?
Quote by CaparisonCore

1. To each his own
2. Link?
3. "One nation, under God"
Quote by CaparisonCore

It's probably not advertising, but since they use "under god", Jesus gets a royalty check every month.
Quote by herby190

Quote by theking182

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Quote by Kensai

Erectile dysfunction, you know what I'm talking about

I dunno, it seemed pretty functional last night - I guess 'ol Kensai has gone senile

Did you at least remember your suppository this morning?
Quote by goest
1. To each his own
2. Link?
3. "One nation, under God"

this, im curious as to what laws advertising a church breaks
I don't have a link. I have family that work for the state over things like this. And "One Nation Under God" honestly doesn't bother me because it doesn't have an address, a bleeding murdered man on a cross, and an advertisement.
Quote by CaparisonCore
I don't have a link. I have family that work for the state over things like this. And "One Nation Under God" honestly doesn't bother me because it doesn't have an address, a bleeding murdered man on a cross, and an advertisement.

Christ, your family is large.

>_>
I dont think they can do that.

Speak to your principal?

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

the person has everyright to have religous stuff all over their car. just dont read it if you dont want to. and they aren't forcing you to do anything so quit complaining.
Gear
ESP Ltd EC-256
Takamine G-40
Boss NS-2
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Classic OD
MXR 10-Band EQ
Boss TU-3
B 52 AT-100
B 52 AT 412A

Line 6 Relay G30
I'm not sure if this has been answered or not, but is your school public or private? It kind of makes a little bit of a difference.
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Page 1 of 2