Poll Options
View poll results: Best quality and reliability
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
16 59%
ESP LTD EC-100qm
11 41%
Voters: 27.
Hi there.

Since i have no previous experience with these brands and models, i'd like to know which one of these two guitars you guys think is more reliable and has the better overall quality:

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
or
ESP LTD EC-100qm

Ever had issues with any of those two?
If so, were they easy to fix, or they made you wish you never bought the guitar?

Thanks!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
get the les paul
Guitars:
Fender Stratocaster (white w/maple fretboard)
Gretsch Electromatic G5120
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (dark blue flametop)
Taylor 214e Acoustic/Electric
Amps:
Marshall Haze 15 Stack
Vox Valvetronix AC30VT amp
i had a les paul standard before when i played lefty and the only thing wrong with it was some minor fret buzz higher up on the neck with the 6th string but that was easily fixed
The LP standard is FAR more bang for your buck than the LTD.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

The EPi is the better pick out of the two, but there's still lots of bad Epis out there, so really the answer is to simply go to a store, try a ton of guitars out, buy the one that feels and sounds best to you. You can't really white-wash it as 'buy [X] model because it's better than [Y] model" because you can pick up two Epi LP Standards and one will be built really solidly and sound good while the other will fall to pieces in your hands and sound terrible, same with the LTDs.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
The EPi is the better pick out of the two, but there's still lots of bad Epis out there, so really the answer is to simply go to a store, try a ton of guitars out, buy the one that feels and sounds best to you. You can't really white-wash it as 'buy [X] model because it's better than [Y] model" because you can pick up two Epi LP Standards and one will be built really solidly and sound good while the other will fall to pieces in your hands and sound terrible, same with the LTDs.

Yeah, i know...
But i only had a chance to try the LP Standard while on a holiday trip with my parents.
Epiphones are difficult to buy here in Portugal unless you order them online from another country.
I won't have the chance to try the exact same guitar that i will buy.

On the other hand, there's an LTD EC-100qm in a local store, i go there to look at "her" ( ) every time i can...

But if there are no major issues in the Epiphone LP Standard, i prefer the "classic" LP look.
The EC-100 sounds amazing, but has a more agressive look.
Soundwise, both suit my needs.
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Harlot
is this EC-100QM going to be a long-term investment?

The next guitar, whatever it may be, is going to be a long-term investment, yes.
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Linkerman

I won't have the chance to try the exact same guitar that i will buy.
Well then this settles it.

Never buy an Epi that you haven't tried first. Buying online really isn't a viable option with them.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
if it is a long term investment, then i suggest saving up some cash and getting a high quality guitar just because the two guitars you have chosen are lower end and you will probably want to upgrade in a year if not sooner.
Quote by Harlot
if it is a long term investment, then i suggest saving up some cash and getting a high quality guitar just because the two guitars you have chosen are lower end and you will probably want to upgrade in a year if not sooner.

Nevermind, i just saw the guitar i'm going to get.

I fell completely in love with the Squier J5 Telecaster!
It has everything i wanted: 22 frets, fixed bridge, two humbuckers capable of metal tones...

And the visual style also is perfect for my taste: classic Telecaster body and headstock, black body with black headstock, chrome pickguard and hardware, white bounds on the body...

Finally, the search for my new guitar is over!!!

Thank you all for your help!
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112