Can you do it safely? My friend just hooked up a stereo to his car and asked me to jam while he drives, would there be any problems? Going from guitar -> effect pedal ->adapter -> line in?

Also, he wants me to buy some junk guitar to refinish then throw in his car, will there be a major difference in tone from something like mahogany to plywood?

Thanks!
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

It would work fine. But there would be a difference between mahogany and plywood depending on the quality of the effects pedal.
Make sure you play it into your friend's car stereo, so that way if it breaks it, it's no worries
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
Quote by JELIFISH19
It would work fine. But there would be a difference between mahogany and plywood depending on the quality of the effects pedal.

Crappy RP50 he has makes plywood=/=mahogany through an amp, so then I should have no problems with getting a cheap guitar, thanks!

EDIT: My friend's bigger than me, so yeah, it's still a problem.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

Last edited by TheBigProjekt at Sep 28, 2009,
Why not just take a Microcube - or even cleverer, build a Pocket Pod into the dash and connect it to the stereo's AUX IN.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I don't see why'd be a problem as long as it's not a bass guitar and it's not blasting obnoxiously loud.
Quote by TheBigProjekt
Can you do it safely? My friend just hooked up a stereo to his car and asked me to jam while he drives, would there be any problems? Going from guitar -> effect pedal ->adapter -> line in?

Also, he wants me to buy some junk guitar to refinish then throw in his car, will there be a major difference in tone from something like mahogany to plywood?

Thanks!

It's possible.
But remember, use speaker simulation, or your friend's tweeters will damaged!
Quote by steven seagull
Why not just take a Microcube - or even cleverer, build a Pocket Pod into the dash and connect it to the stereo's AUX IN.

Genius.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by steven seagull

This. I've taken my Pocket POD and a guitar with me places. Guitar -> POD -> tape adaptor.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2