So Im trying to decide which new digital delay to get, and Im currently stuck between the DD-20, DL4, and Nova Repeater. The problem is that I cant try out the Nova Repeater without buying it, so Im a bit stuck. So, to those who have played all or some of these, what do you think and which one should I go for? Id like a lot of versatility (which it seems they all provide) and a good bypass. Presets dont really matter to me and looping functionality is only going to be useful to me if I can still have delay going at the same time. Reliably is also important, as I gig semi-frequently and use delay pretty much all the time.
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
That's a tough one. The DD-20 is my favorite out of those but it can't have looping and delays at the same time.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
I'd take the DL-4 for what you want, the nova repeater is great too, but it doesn't have a looper
In terms of what you've listed, I'd say the Repeater. Or the Boss one. The DL-4 i find has the best looper, the repeater (wich i havent tried, but I've heard this) has the clearest delay, and the boss (i hvave that one) is a goodsounding, userfriendly delay, i guess.

If you need subdivitions, i'd say don't go for the DL-4, it doesn't even have the .8 note delay, wich I personally find it hard to be without.

As for reliability, I've only had the boss for a bit over a month, and the previous owner had it for two years plus, it's still as good as new. On the other two i have little and none experience regarding reliability.

Just my 2 cents.
Last edited by Lil'hl at Sep 28, 2009,
Quote by stradivari310
That's a tough one. The DD-20 is my favorite out of those but it can't have looping and delays at the same time.

Any specific reason why do you pick the Boss over the others?

@Others-Looping isnt really an important thing for me, just something that would be cool to have. Is there much difference between the bypasses?
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Quote by IsThereLoveInSp
@Others-Looping isnt really an important thing for me, just something that would be cool to have. Is there much difference between the bypasses?

TC always have great bypass, the boss one is a higher end one, so it's also good, i dont have enough experience with the dl-4 to say something smart about it's bypass, exept its volume drop!

Edit: Again, the boss one is a userfriendly goodsounding delaypedal. It has a neat lightup screen, one can set it to every usable subdivition, and one can set it to the EXACT ms you want. if you want 666 ms it can do that, if you want 1337 ms it can do that. it has up to 23 seconds of delay, i use max 2 sec for ambient-ish stuff. Its just a grat unit IMO.
Last edited by Lil'hl at Sep 28, 2009,