So my new band are thinking of documenting our progress...from rehearsals to recording and gigs and everything in-between for fun and to try and spark some interest out there. Firstly would you watch this sort of band in the making, trials and tribulations and laughs the usual stuff? We figured that just putting mp3s on myspace now isnt that interesting and people want to see content. Secondly we need a cheap camera. What is the best camcorder for very basic stuff at the lowest price?
Last edited by lucertia. at Sep 28, 2009,
Quote by TheReverend724
Damn you make a lot of threads

band documentary for unknown band is pointless

And +1 To Rev.
I will stand by all this drinking if it helps me through these days,
It takes a long time just to get this all straight.
FlipVids are cheap and good.
I don't know if you guys are even good so it's hard to say if people would watch it.
A youtube channel is 10000000+infiniti times better than myspace vids.
You're killing me Smalls!
Quote by shattamakkar
OMG ARE THOSE WAT I THINK THEY ARE!
Quote by _Ixnay_
FlipVids are cheap and good.
I don't know if you guys are even good so it's hard to say if people would watch it.
A youtube channel is 10000000+infiniti times better than myspace vids.

well we have all been playing for 10 years min we are all advanced players etc so its sounding good so far, and its progressive heavy music with synths/classical piano/flamenco guitar/fuzz style basslines so very eclectic.
Actually it's good if you ever make it one day.

Lotsa bands do this.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
I swear you make threads like every 30 mins.

you have more threads in lest than a month than I have in the last 2 years.

Quote by TheReverend724
Damn you make a lot of threads

band documentary for unknown band is pointless

Wouldn't you love to see one of your favorite famous bands in the "Garage Band" stage? It could be kind of a cool thing to watch.
#57 in UG Top 100 2010!

I really ought to get my username changed...
Quote by The Arsis
I totally disagree.

I think that is a great idea because there are a lot of unsigned bands that I know that I would like to know more about and see more of them besides MP3s. TS, it is a great idea.

Cool, well that was the thinking behind it. I watch a few documentary vids by lesser known bands myself and i watch tons of the stuff even if the guy is just going through some of his gear its good to watch.
Put it on YouTube and link it to your MySpace, and vice versa. Then put both links in your signature. Then post threads like this on multiple websites. Soon you'll be rolling in contracts and limos and upper-class groupies...or atleast piss off a lot of people! All good.
Quote by Saf1
Put it on YouTube and link it to your MySpace, and vice versa. Then put both links in your signature. Then post threads like this on multiple websites. Soon you'll be rolling in contracts and limos and upper-class groupies...or atleast piss off a lot of people! All good.

yeah well i figured i might as well put my manic geeky computer obsessions to good use. all we really want is for some people to turn up to UK tour gigs rather than playing infront of 5 people.

the only thing im somewhat concerned about is the loss of privacy and sucking on video lol.
Last edited by lucertia. at Sep 28, 2009,
ever seen DiG! the documentary on The Brian Jonestown Massacre and The Dandy Warhols. Won tons of awards, and i is a great documentary. Based on their early years as an independent and small record company owned band. Very very cool documentary you should check it out. If making documentaries of virtually unknown bands was stupid explain how that movie won awards and is AWESOME!

definitely check it out its free on Hulu and worthwhile watch if you love drugs, rock and roll, and anton newcombe kickin ass!!!!!
Quote by PhillyHendrix
Wouldn't you love to see one of your favorite famous bands in the "Garage Band" stage? It could be kind of a cool thing to watch.

yeah, but i just think it would be better to concentrate on writing stuff than making a film on a just beginning band

maybe once you write some stuff, but i wouldnt even consider until your at least somewhat popular, even on myspace or just in the local scene
If you make it humorous and full of failure quite a few people would watch it
Quote by Venice King
Beethoven ****ed Jimi Hendrix and I was born. I make my own music.
Quote by Ghast
If you make it humorous and full of failure quite a few people would watch it

yeah possibly
Quote by lucertia.
well we have all been playing for 10 years min we are all advanced players etc so its sounding good so far, and its progressive heavy music with synths/classical piano/flamenco guitar/fuzz style basslines so very eclectic.

Set up a Myspace page or something, and let people judge for themselves.

(It'll also help for publicity)
Quote by Minkaro
Set up a Myspace page or something, and let people judge for themselves.

(It'll also help for publicity)

We are gonna obviously but its only been 2 weeks
Seriously did you spell Lucretia wrong in your username or is it meant to be Lucertia?

It's been bugging me lately...
PICTURE YOURSELF IN A BOAT ON A RIVER
WITH TANGERINE TREES AND MARMALADE SKIES...
So, a band of two people did this a while back and made a thread about it.

It ended up as a random compilation of shots of them fucking around, ending with a short cut of them playing a gig, a cover of The Kill, I think.

If you are going to make one of these. Keep them focused and don't just throw in a bunch o' random cuts.
DeVillains!
Quote by Ylasto
So, a band of two people did this a while back and made a thread about it.

It ended up as a random compilation of shots of them fucking around, ending with a short cut of them playing a gig, a cover of The Kill, I think.

If you are going to make one of these. Keep them focused and don't just throw in a bunch o' random cuts.

yeah i was thinking that but you want some fun in there too if its just rehersal no 52 then its gonna be boring.
Quote by daytripper75
I swear you make threads like every 30 mins.

you have more threads in lest than a month than I have in the last 2 years.

This ^

lucertia. = Fassa II
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
This ^

lucertia. = Fassa II

I dont know any other UGers who suck mods ass/try to become a mod by reporting every thread so i cant compare you SYK.
You are not Anvil. Stop it.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Don't forget to quote spinal tap.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
If you've only been a band for 2 weeks, concentrate on the music- not videos of you messing around.
Quote by lucertia.
I dont know any other UGers who suck mods ass/try to become a mod by reporting every thread so i cant compare you SYK.

BUUUUUUUUUUURN
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.