so i sent my guitar back to the store, and they put on new strings (11 heavy bottom) and they re-tuned and re-adjusted the neck

a "set-up", but apparently they set it up for dropped A tuning.. so im wondering if i can still tighten it to standard, or what do i have to do to LET me tighten to standard
Thats a bad set up then, you should go back and say you wanted it set up for E Standard, not Drop A.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
i did, and they said itd cost me another $50...

AND IT STILL BUZZES ON DROP A..WTF
Not only did they give you a wrong set up but it buzzes ? If i were you i would rip that store a new asshole for such horrible service.
Gear:

Jackson rr3
Peavey vypyr 30
Monster rock cable
you told them you wanted it in E Standard and they put it in Drop A anyway? seriously, I would complain and threaten them to never return to them again. ask for the manager/owner of the shop and complain to them too
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
it doesnt matter, the question im asking is will it break if i put it in standard/what do i have to fix to put it in standard
Quote by FODICO
it doesnt matter, the question im asking is will it break if i put it in standard/what do i have to fix to put it in standard

you'd have to adjust the truss to fix the tension and re-intonate the strings. but thats going to be tough to do by yourself if you have no idea what your doing/dont have the right tools/have a floating trem.

TS, I would go back and complain and ask for a refund unless they fix it.
Quote by pedromiles101
i got a guy who could do it pretty easily, if the only thing is the truss rod
well, we have a set up thread somewhere on here and it goes step by step on what to do. when you tune up from Drop A, you're going to want to Re-intonate the strings, they're going to be way off.
Quote by pedromiles101
1. How can anyone play in drop a with 11's, 12-60 is what i play in c# standard.
2. Why would anyone set up a 6 string in Drop A intentionally?
3. Your shop/you fails

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
If you were specific and told em you wanted it set up for standard then its on them. If they say tough crap all you can really do is bitch. Sad to say but there are plenty of businesses run this way.

Its easy enough tho to find another reputable place and call the original shop and tell em no its cool the guy at "insert name here" said he would fix it and for less. And you also saw some equipment there you might pickup. Maybe they will wake up and say lets fix this, maybe not. Where I used to live there was only 1 music store for the area and they knew it so customer satisfaction wasnt a big thing to them they figured what choice do you have.

It would also be a good time to learn to do this stuff yourself, saving your self alot of time money and headaches. We all started as noobs and learned it along the way.
I just don't see why you would let a shop slide with that. You payed them 50 dollars to **** UP your guitar. Its set up for wrong tuning and it buzzes. And to fix it its not just the truss rod. Your gonna need to adjust your truss rod, bridge, intonation, and adjust the springs in the back of the guitar. Also as for strings there is no way heavy bottom skinny top slinky are gonna be tight enough for drop A, i use them in standard personally.
Gear:

Jackson rr3
Peavey vypyr 30
Monster rock cable