Today I noticed that whenever I was quickly fretting something on my low E string when coming down from a higher one, it'd fall off of the fretboard. I was very confused, until I noticed that the nut had slid out of its spot about 2cm under the pressure from the strings.

What is the best way to fix this? Do I put on some glue and let it sit there for a while? Also, can I do this without taking off the strings, as I just put a new set on.
Carvin Tele (11/21/11 )
Epi Sheraton II
Agile AL3100
Fender MIM Strat
Squier Vintage Modified Tele
Epiphone something or other acoustic

Last.FM
congrats! time for a new nut! pick a real nice one, it will feel like a nice upgrade
It's all about feel
have you tried pulling your nut,

i think it would prob be best to take you strings off when you do it,
glue should work fine but im not sure what type you should use
you can slack the strings, move them, add white glue, let set. restring.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Don't glue the nut! It will be a pain in the @$$ later. Just go buy a new nut, file it to the right height and width and you should be good to go.
"shwing"
Quite the coming of age tale....i remember when my nut first got loose.
Quote by ivanm1
Don't glue the nut! It will be a pain in the @$$ later. Just go buy a new nut, file it to the right height and width and you should be good to go.

you dont know what you're talking about.

the nut needs to be glued on. with some white glue.
it doesnt matter if the nut is new or not, it still should be glued on.

why would he buy a new one just to Not glue it on, he could do that now with the current nut.

you want stability. if you ever want to swap out the nut, you heat the joint a little, and or tap out that nut. which is why you just use some white glue.

Quote by dbz9000
Quite the coming of age tale....i remember when my nut first got loose.

no one cares.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565

no one cares.

That made me laugh.

And TS I do believe most nuts are glued in, mine are anyway... unless your nut is broken I see no need to replace it.

What a Punny thread.