Poll: Which pickup would you reccomend?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which pickup would you reccomend?
Seymour Duncan SH-4 JB
11 79%
Seymour Duncan SH-5 Custom
1 7%
Seymour Duncan SH-6 Distortion
2 14%
Voters: 14.
I'm thinking about upgrading the pickups in my Schecter, and I'm not sure what I should get in the bridge. I've narrowed it down to three pickups. Versatility is the most important factor for me. I need to be able to go from pristine cleans to pretty crushing distortion. I also like to have my mids and lows up fairly high. My guitar has a mahogany body with a rosewood fretboard and string-thru-body construction. I know schecter puts the JB in the bridge of a lot of their guitars, but I still haven't made up my mind. PLEASE HELP.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
What amp do you use and what music do you play?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
what's your neck pickup?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
My neck pickup is going to be an SH-2 Jazz or a '59 (Jazz if I end up with the JB or Distortion, 59 if I go with the sh-5), and my amp is going to be a Bugera 6262 as soon as I get the money.
Quote by dr_shred

Quote by littlephil

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
How do you know that you don't like your current pickups if you don't have your amp yet? Wait, get the amp first, then decide. Replacing them for the sake of just doing it is kind of pointless, because there is a good chance that you won't like the new setup.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
Some explanation:
I have played my guitar through that amp. I have also played different guitars through the exact same amp. My guitar has Duncan Designed HB-103's. that said, I am going to wait until after I get the amp to change out the pickups.
Quote by dr_shred

Quote by littlephil

Quote by Banjocal