well? is there?

I was thinking about this today, and couldn't think of any heavy riffs that i knew of that weren't based around chugging on the e string with muting.
Lmao....
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
the name says it all people

Are you telling me theyre out of dragons?
They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
GET THIS GUY OUT OF HERE, FIND ME A DRAGON
haha, he quoted it because you're a moron

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
most of my heavy riffs come from running around the A string (unless im in drop C, then the G string). I got tired of the chugging on the lowest string. try palm muting more on the other strings
At The Gates - The Red In The Sky Is Ours, 10 amazing, brutal, evil, epic and melodic songs. With not a whole lot of palm muting at all.
A lot of doom metal.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by z4twenny
how has nobody said "iron man" yet?

I just decided to let "doom metal" cover Sabbath as well.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
How about this: Black Sabbath by Black Sabbath? It's really slow, but no chugging. It's even in F (or F#, I can't remember).
I can name out at least 100 DT riffs which are heavy with not Chugging E string,

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Most people think the lower the register, the heavier it sounds.

That is not always the case.

It has a lot to do with minor progressions and choosing the right dissonant notes.

If you play a major progression, there is a chance it will sound bright and happy no matter how low you go.
Quote by MadAudioMan
At The Gates - The Red In The Sky Is Ours, 10 amazing, brutal, evil, epic and melodic songs. With not a whole lot of palm muting at all.

=D Thanks! Im two songs into it, and am already loving it.
Festering In The Crypt.
Quote by craig-sansum
+10000000000000000000000000000000000

Quote by Sanitarium91
Liking the cosmic toad vocals is a sign of exquisite taste, so good on you!
Most Megadeth songs
Signature Signature Signature Signature Signature Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Signature Signature Signature Signature Signature Signature Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis Erutangis
the poison was the cure- megadeth
the first riff after the intro of spill the blood by slayer
Rattle Your Goddamn Head!
Quote by hsteve3
High Speed Dirt - Megadeth

Can i add Hangar 18 by Megadeth ... the whole intro , main riff , interlude ... is based mainly on the four higher string .

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/m/megadeth/hangar_18_ver3_tab.htm

the whole song basically except one of the last few riff near the end of the song is done without touching the E string . and thats for both guitarist .

and its an amazing catchy song IMO .
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Plenty of famous Slayer riffs - for example the intro riffs to South of Heaven and Dead Skin Mask. Also there is a breakdown in the middle of Postmortem which is absolutely insane and has no low E chugging, same thing with the demented sounding 9:8 riff about a minute into Jesus Saves.
Quote by bassthunder
How about this: Black Sabbath by Black Sabbath? It's really slow, but no chugging. It's even in F (or F#, I can't remember).

This.

And F??

I thought it was in G.... idk

Quote by WishfulShredder
If you have a 7 string you can chug the low B....

Yes and if you tune down to drop D or something you're technicaly never chugging the E string
A 7 string drop tuned to A. Thats pretty heavy and not an E string :P plus its one tone "m0ar Metal" than standard 7 string B.

Lots of Dream Theater is heavy and not on the E string, as is alot of edguys new album and much of sonata arcticas newer work.