They really suck, they can't play for sh*t, and they do a horrific job in vocals. Only little 8 years olds listen to their music either because they have bad taste in music or they only like them for the way they look (rlly gay),
    Yes, a lot of people think so. It's also no longer cool to hate publicly on the Jonas Brothers, and doesn't prove that you're a music expert or a bad ass.
    El Gearo:

Fender '69 Reissue Mustang
    Fender American Standard P-Bass

Fender Blues Junior
    Quote by RNRSoldier
    Yes, a lot of people think so. It's also no longer cool to hate publicly on the Jonas Brothers, and doesn't prove that you're a music expert or a bad ass.

This.

Also are you saying 8 year olds don't deserve music too? ;(
    Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
    A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
    Quote by travislausch
    This.

Also are you saying 8 year olds don't deserve music too? ;(

Of course they deserve music, I'm just saying that I don't like the Jonas Bros in particular
    No I do not think the Jonas Brothers are a disgrace to music.

They are getting children interested in music at a young age, kids won't listen to them forever. If a 9 year old really likes the Jonas Brothers now they will grow into there own musical tastes, when I was 12 I thought Green Day was the best band on the planet, then I slowly got into Zeppelin, and then Genesis, then Yes, now I listen Porcupine Tree and Dream Theater.

Let kids listen to Jonas Brothers you ignorant twat.
    Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
    Carvin CT-4
    Ibanez TS-9
    Carvin Quad-X
    TC Electronics G-Major
    Mesa/Boogie 2:90
    Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
    I'm into all kinds of music, so to be honest I do like that song "S.O.S." that they have..it's mostly because of the way the vocal line goes in the chorus. But besides that they will die out eventually people don't worry. They're the new backstreet boys/nsync (definitely not the new beatles)..they're just a prepubescent fad
    Quote by Doodleface

They are getting children interested in music at a young age, kids won't listen to them forever. If a 9 year old really likes the Jonas Brothers now they will grow into there own musical tastes, when I was 12 I thought Green Day was the best band on the planet, then I slowly got into Zeppelin, and then Genesis, then Yes, now I listen Porcupine Tree and Dream Theater.

I agree w/ you 100%
    no they are not a disgrace. yes most people dont like their music but they are making a living doing something they love, so more power to them.
    all i know is that Jonas Brothers make little girls ginies tingle

and they suck. lmao purity rings, go f*ck some b*tches you dumb fools.
    PM me about logos and merch

Quote by RU Experienced?
    Sorry man, I only know how to program in Db.

Quote by genghisgandhi
    I'm so underground that I make up bands and songs in my head and don't tell anyone about them.
    Quote by Doodleface

This.

Though I started with Judas Priest and Boston instead of crap bands
    Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
    A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
    Almost everything that plays on mainstream radio tends to be a disgrace to art, be it the Jonas Brothers, 50 Cent, or Nickelback.
    Being a little too open minded when it comes to music, I like their guitar solos in "A Little Bit Longer" specially in the songs "BB Good", "Love Bug" and "Video Girl". Just check them out. But then again, you can't know whether they composed it, all I know is that they've played the solos on the shows.

Chastity ring is pure crap though. They should make a flow chart explaining that boy bands are only created to **** chicks.
    Last edited by Victor V. at Sep 29, 2009,
    When I Saw Them On Saturday Night Live They Were Bad On Vocals On Instruments,but I Guess They Tried, It`s Not Their Fault They`re Just Marketing Business For Disney.
    non bandwagon response

who cares

they make alot of money, more than the entire pit put together. so stop being so damn jealous

get over it
    they milk the system, and are successful

At least they can somewhat play their instruments. Opposed to "rap artists"
    Quote by JacobTheMe
    JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
    I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
    *Reported*

There have been a million of these threads already, and every one of them have been closed for a good reason. All they do is promote flaming and bashing.
    tumblr | twitter | instagram
    Quote by Rossenrot
    Aig91 Atomizes Rossenrot Before Offering Mercy In Exchange For Wholesale Genuflection
    Well, this is a pretty interesting situation

you see, the Jonas brothers have kinda become the easiest thing to hate recently, and i can see why

to play both sides, i'll start off with yes, they probably do have a few good songs, but anyone with the Disney machine pumping out hit singles for them to play is bound to come across some nice chord patterns, and lyrics.

Who knows, maybe they are musical genuises

But a lot of people probably hate them for the same reason they hated Smash Mouth; because Disney made them take their creative talent and funnel it through advertisement directed solely towards little kids who aren't musically sophisticated because they haven't had as broad of a musical experience.

To reply to that comment of "at least its better than rap":
    I'm going to be honest, some rap isn't bad
    "Gangstah" rap is complete horse**
    But there are a lot of rap songs with amazing lyrics, and recently the whole 'Hip-Hop' scene has started incorporating a heavier emphasis on the music portion of their performance.

So, i guess i just want to point out that sh*t-slinging on rap is sadder than hating on the Jonas Brothers, because rap is a different style, and nobody expects you to think it's rock, and you can just stop listening.

But I digress

lastly, I might not have an issue with the Jonas Brothers if they had a career by themselves (tie back to Smash Mouth, who, before disney bought them, actually had some pretty awesome music. Look up their old stuff)
    I think my biggest opposition is that they're a 'Pop' band who got started on "Camp Rock".
    I wouldn't consider them Rock, because of the content of the songs, as well as the fact that they're marketing towards children under 13, and really from what i hear sound less like serious rock than Simple Plan.

So, i guess my idea is that they aren't a disgrace to MUSIC, i just don't like the fact they're posing as Rock artists.
    Boring 'IhateJonasBrothersandeveryoneelseshouldtoo' rant. Blah Blah Blah
    Check out my Electronica project!
    http://
    Quote by Victor V.
    Being a little too open minded when it comes to music, I like their guitar solos in "A Little Bit Longer" specially in the songs "BB Good", "Love Bug" and "Video Girl". Just check them out. But then again, you can't know whether they composed it, all I know is that they've played the solos on the shows.

Chastity ring is pure crap though. They should make a flow chart explaining that boy bands are only created to **** chicks.

Hmm, you do know that the guitar solos are most likely played by paid studio musicians and not the Jonas Brothers themselves, right? Yes, 'tis the sad - or wonderful - truth of this world.

Have you seen the South Park episode regarding the Jonas Brothers' purity rings? Holy crap, Mickey Mouse is one scary creature in that one!

I wouldn't go so far as to describe the Jonas Brothers as a disgrace to music, but they can be somewhat annoying. Alright, make that very! It's in no way my music of choice, but then I do have to wonder if they're an apt comparison to the now-classic pop music of past eras, like the Backstreet Boys and the Spice Girls. Were those groups considered just as teenybopper and irritating at the time? In retrospect, everyone just finds them nostalgic and fun.

Anyway, a plus point for the Jonas Brothers is that some of their stage presence and tricks are very impressive, from what I've seen. Not every band can pull off flips, handstands and slides, I must say.
    Quote by diofan88

At least they can somewhat play their instruments. Opposed to "rap artists"

grandma, what a large generalisation you have!
    I'm just gonna throw this out there, maybe it would be not only less snobbish, but more serious thought to talk about a band that's not such an easy target for the opposition? Perhaps a band that has done enough to actually be able to be judged beyond first reactions and assumptions, along with an album or two?

we all know that most rock enthusiasts hate the Jonas Brothers. Honestly, I'm not seeing anybody bring in some serious thought to this thread.
    Let me put it the way I put it for my friends. It isn't the Jonas Brothers that suck, its Disney. I'm pretty sure if they were signed to another label, Major or not, they would be a lot better. I have a feeling disney put their artists under their direction with very limited thought from the band. The Jonas Brother have potential. But not with Disney.
    I have to disagree , Because music is for everyone , and universal , they're not a disgrase to the music , i don't like them either , but its a style of music directed for younger people. The same could be said from a person that loves Classic music " i hate nirvana , its a disgrace ". We cannot Argue about music , because somewhere someone will like a music. I think its bad for them to sell the image more than the music , they're like a "trend" wich will eventually fade .

Sorry for any mistake in English -_-
    And Btw...Nirvana Rock ^^
    Gear :Squier + Vypyr 15W / UCG102 + Picks = Awesomeness !
    Quote by RHunterGN
    Let me put it the way I put it for my friends. It isn't the Jonas Brothers that suck, its Disney. I'm pretty sure if they were signed to another label, Major or not, they would be a lot better. I have a feeling disney put their artists under their direction with very limited thought from the band. The Jonas Brother have potential. But not with Disney.

Disney has made some wonderful films in the past (woo hoo for The Lion King, even though that was over 10 years ago!) so I find it quite difficult to hate on them, even after seeing that scary South Park episode involving Mickey Mouse. Shudder. Anyway, I'm no expert in this field, but I would imagine that even if a band or artist were signed to a major label, their own individual personality is more than able to shine through. Being awarded a massive opportunity like that does mean you might have to do some extra things for publicity, but it's not an entitlement to sell out. One of the many reasons that people find the Jonas Brothers annoying is because they seem to have an aura of irritating self-obsessed-ness and arrogance that has nothing to do with the label. Purists might argue that if you truly were loyal to your music, you'd do things your own way, regardless of major label offers or not.
    They are VERY underrated.

Everyone thinks they are absolute crap on guitar. At least the guys can play a few chords.
    Can we possibly all agree that at this point the answer for the question of if they're a disgrace to music is no?

We can all have our opinions about their varying degrees of suckiness, and why we think they suck, or not thinking they're bad at all, but when it gets down to it, the word "disgrace" is too strong for them, or any other atrist.

**as far as the Disney filter lessening their musical quality, i would have to agree on that. I'm not bashing all of disney, because yes they do make good movies, but their music is totally made for little kids. That doesn't make it bad music, that just sets it out of the Rock genre that they claim to be in. Long story short, I think Disney just can't do Rock, or pretty much anything other than Pop for the pre-pubescent.
    anyone with half a brain can realize jonas brothers is more of a marketing tool more than it is music, you dont like it, just dont listen to it.