i have 2 new recordings on my profile. one is metal and one is kinda post-rockish. both were recorded with my podxtlive plugged straight in using usb. let me know what you think.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
The Pod metal one reminded me of Rob Zombie at first, but as it went on, it got alot better than Rob Zombie, very nice riffs, killer tone, and nice sounding drums.

The song below it, I think that was your post rock song, it was kinda repetivie, but I liked the effects you used, if it had more change going on I think it might of been better.

Thanks for the crit.
Quote by ethan_hanus
The Pod metal one reminded me of Rob Zombie at first, but as it went on, it got alot better than Rob Zombie, very nice riffs, killer tone, and nice sounding drums.

The song below it, I think that was your post rock song, it was kinda repetivie, but I liked the effects you used, if it had more change going on I think it might of been better.

Thanks for the crit.

ha rob zombie? wow i didnt expect that. i never got into rob zombie so im not sure what a lot of his stuff sound slike. and the tone is a podxtlive using a diezel vh4 model and mesa rectifier model. the drums are loops in mixcraft.

the other song is kinda repetitive, but i tried to layer enougb parts to make it interesting. i wrote it for my girlfriend, so the emotion behind it could be hard to get unless you are her haha
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
thanks for the crit

the pod metal one started with some real nice megadeth-y type chords solo and riffs were real nice too. tone was great if i had to bring up a bad point i would say the drums had a little too much reverb.

the post rock song has sum really nice ideas init, good tone and use of effects the distorted section reminds of smashing pumpkin.
Metal song: Can't say much since it's not really my thing, but I did like your tone - it was nice and thick. The riffs were decent, kinda "scary" sounding if that's the effect you were going for. Overall good quality recording.

Post-rock song: I don't think I've ever actually listened to post-rock, so again, my ability to crit is kind of lacking... But anyway, I do like the nice, chill atmosphere. The "lead" guitar lines are pretty decent. Good tone too. It did get a bit redundant but I think there was just enough variation/layering to keep it interesting. I like the chill ending. Anyway, I definitely hear the emotion in this song and I'm sure your girlfriend will love it.

And thanks for critting mine.

Oh, and PS, I listened to "Demo" and the riffs were pretty sweet. Kinda epic sounding. I like it.
I checked out the metal one, it's great. The intro sounds a lot like Good Times Bad Times by Led Zeppelin, just more metal. There's really cool riffs in there, and the solo is very good. I'd like to see the end result when it's done.

Thanks for the crit btw.
OH LAAWDDYY!!!!