This song is completely different from anything else I've posted on here before and it's the first song I've written that I'm actually satisfied with. If you have any problem with the mix go ahead and adjust it, I just panned the guitars so I could distinguish between them.

EDIT: C4C, by the way.
Attachments:
instrumental.zip
Last edited by thatchrisguy13 at Sep 28, 2009,
First, you sir deserve a clap stack

I loved it. The only crit i have is you'll probably have to move some of the chords around the neck (ie. in guit pro file, any chord above the twelth fret should really be moved up to the next set of strings, just usually doesn't sound as good through a tube amp). That really isn't much of a crit, and you probably did it for convenience, but in case you didn't have a tube amp and hadn't noticed that before thought i might throw that out there

Very impressive.
Quote by firebird103

I loved it. The only crit i have is you'll probably have to move some of the chords around the neck (ie. in guit pro file, any chord above the twelth fret should really be moved up to the next set of strings, just usually doesn't sound as good through a tube amp). That really isn't much of a crit, and you probably did it for convenience, but in case you didn't have a tube amp and hadn't noticed that before thought i might throw that out there

Very impressive.

Thanks, a lot, man. And I'll keep that in mind as I may get a tube amp sometime soon.
i only recently got shown Scale The Summit and love em already, so when i saw your title i was like OHH YEAH! and i wasnt dissapointed! this is amazing!!!!

bar 71-81 are BEAUTIFUL! and then the whole clean section is friggin awesome! i also love the bass work you have done in it! i love awesome bass lines in songs, not boring root notes!

8/10 dude! awesome work!

C4C in my sig 'New Song'

Edit; im listening to it for a 3rd time! and that outro is still slaying me! the melody with the harmonizing chords WOW again dude AWESOME work!!!!
"We carry death out of the village!"
Last edited by Marskell at Sep 29, 2009,
That was awesome, the time sig changes were probably the smoothest I've seen on the forum so good job there. My only crit really is that the guitar changed so much it didn't always feel like a song, just like well placed notes, it all kind of melted together.

Really good nonetheless, good job!
Very nice song. I haven't heard Gordian Knot or Scale the Summit but I have heard Cynic and its easily heard here, in the dynamics and the chords and the structure. But that's not a bad thing, I love Masvidal's work.

About the song itself, I can't say much, its done extremely well, sometimes the structure gets confusing and parts that i think are meant to be separate blend into each other extremely well in fact so well, that sometimes I found myself wondering why the hell a section was so long and i'd play it again and it was actually two different sections. I suppose changing the feel of it using the drums might solve that, but I don't know if you did that on purpose. I must say that it is an exhausting listen. Mostly because of the structure but also sometimes there are unnecessary repetitions of long sections. But again, that's up to you, some bands (Opeth, DT, Cynic) do it too and get away with it.

8.5/10. I would love to hear it recorded.

Crit back?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1208677
Insane stuff man..
love it!
Not much to say about it besides that it really rocks. Splendid writing my friend
It's pretty much perfect but sometimes it's a bit confusing.
Pretty awesome outro too (like the chords and then a bass soloing over them)

keep up the good work.
easily one of the best songs i've ever heard on this forum.
9.5/10

Crit mine?
HERE
Esp ltd M-1000 deluxe stblck EMG
Epiphone LP standard EMG 81/85
keiper les paul stock
Bugera 333 XL 120w head
H&K attax 100 combo
Boss me-50
Wow this is great. This song is very BTBAM'ish, and times to times I hear Cynic here and there. Very good, and the clean part comes just before I got bored to the wank part (joke). Beautiful chord progressions.

Dude, if you change a single thing, this song will lose half of it's awesomeness. You just have to record this. Simply beautiful. I can't say that there is nothing bad here, the drums are clever as hell.

Wow.

C4C? (though this was just more praise and no crit)
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1227704
I live near Lake Bodom WORSHIP MEEEEEEE

Quote by Sami Philadelph
LOL, for some reason the impression I get from you is like some wacky Frank Zappa of metal pulling pranks at the Grammys and telling crude jokes during interviews.
You gonna record this... and by any means, don't make cookie monster vocals over it if you decide to add vocals over it sometimes...

I don't have anything to critizise, this was damn perfect.

My bassist heart is warm and fuzzy now lol.... That bassline is perfect!

c4c?... tho my piece can't compare to your awesomeness
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1222556
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found