im looking for the BEST metal guitar out of the 3, the one that will get me the BEST metal sound such as slipknot, disturbed, and metallica
The m1000, but i would also try an EC-1000, I've used one in my hardcore band and it would be my guitar of choice if i had not got an rg2228.
the ec series has some awful feedback you could also push through and get an m1,now that is simply a beautiful guitar
Quote by rvlationmachine
the ec series has some awful feedback you could also push through and get an m1,now that is simply a beautiful guitar

ummm im pretty sure guitars themselves cannot produce feedback feedback...
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
Those are all great guitars. Play each and decide which one you like best based on feel. However, I think that the Prestige will have better build quality than the LTDs.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Quote by Metlhead443
ummm im pretty sure guitars themselves cannot produce feedback feedback...

ummm im pretty sure your wrong,i own one and have tried multiple others,all of them do the same
Quote by rvlationmachine
ummm im pretty sure your wrong,i own one and have tried multiple others,all of them do the same

It's not the guitar that produces feedback. It could be the pickups or the amp, unless it's a semihollow. And since the pickups in the EC guitars aren't really unique or anything, I'm gonna go with either:

Your amp is messed up

OR

You're bull****ting
Quote by sg4ever

Quote by CullenT

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Quote by ibz_bucket
It's not the guitar that produces feedback. It could be the pickups or the amp, unless it's a semihollow. And since the pickups in the EC guitars aren't really unique or anything, I'm gonna go with either:

Your amp is messed up

OR

You're bull****ting

i must be bull****ting,since you know everything. it does the same through both of my heads and cabs...and all the other amps i tried at guitar center..what now bitch
Quote by rvlationmachine
i must be bull****ting,since you know everything. it does the same through both of my heads and cabs...and all the other amps i tried at guitar center..what now bitch

If you're talking about ONE specific guitar, then that particular set of pickups might be faulty. However, you still can't make generalizations about a line of guitars based on one that you played. And don't call me bitch.

Don't get me wrong though, I still think the Ibanez is simply a better guitar in every aspect except pickups, which are simply different. TS, don't listen to people in a forum, go and try out everything in your price range to find what works for you.
Quote by sg4ever

Quote by CullenT

Quote by AcousticMirror

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Quote by ibz_bucket
If you're talking about ONE specific guitar, then that particular set of pickups might be faulty. However, you still can't make generalizations about a line of guitars based on one that you played. And don't call me bitch.

Don't get me wrong though, I still think the Ibanez is simply a better guitar in every aspect except pickups, which are simply different. TS, don't listen to people in a forum, go and try out everything in your price range to find what works for you.

obviously you didnt read what i said about EVERY ec i have played,they all do the same thing,no matter what they are used through
Personally I'd go with the Ibanez. I just don't much care for any of the 1000 series LTDs, the abalone binding is a little to gaudy for my taste.

edit: thought you said MH, disregard the last comment. Though I'd still go Ibby, just my personal preference.
Last edited by Shabadoo at Sep 28, 2009,
So you're bull****ting. Thanks for clarifying.

EDIT: Besides, EMG Pickups are notorious for being some of the quietest around, and least prone to feedback. Stop trying to sound like you know things.
Quote by sg4ever

Quote by CullenT

Quote by AcousticMirror

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Last edited by ibz_bucket at Sep 28, 2009,
haha a 15 year old acting like he knows everything,when you actually start playing real guitars come talk to me then,you cant talk business when all YOU own is a starter squier and a 10 watt practice amp.tell your mom i said hello and thanks for last night,***
Wow, thanks for calling me a homosexual. I'm SO offended. Plus, I'm 16. Also, if you really wanted to insult my gear, you could glance at my sig. Yes, I know, it's pretty good. Nothing special, but I play it pretty well, and that's all that matters.

Also, flaming isn't allowed, *reported*
Quote by sg4ever

Quote by CullenT

Quote by AcousticMirror

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
The one paired with the right amp
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by rvlationmachine
haha a 15 year old acting like he knows everything,when you actually start playing real guitars come talk to me then,you cant talk business when all YOU own is a starter squier and a 10 watt practice amp.tell your mom i said hello and thanks for last night,***

You both are making yourselves look like morons. You more than the other dude.
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Go for the m-1000; it has the reverse headstock, and its a flat top.
Gear:
-Peavey VTM 120
-Godin Lg (Dimarzio Evo2 and Air Norton)
-Fender MIM Strat with hotrails
-Custom Tele
-Dean Hardtail USA
-Dean 79 USA
Quote by rvlationmachine
tell your mom i said hello and thanks for last night,***

GTFO.

My vote goes to the Ibanez. I personally love Wizard II necks. They're perfect for shredding and with a pickup change, there's nothing I'd change. Plus, the ESP M1000FM has a Floyd Rose 1000, not even an OFR. The Ibanez RG2550Z has an Edge Zero bridge, which is amazing compared to a low end FR.

Ibanez all the wyay.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Another vote for Ibanez. I prefer passives to actives and the Ibanez Prestiges I've played have all been consistently pretty good. I haven't been all that impressed with any LTDs I've played.