ive had a les paul for a little over a year now and i feel comfortable with it. but theres always people saying guitars break in and they sound better over time.

also what are some ways to get guitars to look older. my friend says burn it.
My gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
B-52 LS100 Half Stack
Dunlop SW30 Slash Signature Wah
Digitech Hardwire CR-7 Stereo Chorus
Digitech Hardwire DL-8 Delay/Looper
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
Fender CD220CE Acoustic
I'd say burn your friend. Just play it a bunch, it will start to look older. I have never really noticed a break in period with electrics but definitely I have with acoustics. I think over many years the wood will obviously age and affect the tone but I dont think you are going to notice over night.
Quote by SlayingDragons
burning it would make it look like ash.

i dont think he mean seriously burning it i think he meant lightly with a lighter or something
My gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
B-52 LS100 Half Stack
Dunlop SW30 Slash Signature Wah
Digitech Hardwire CR-7 Stereo Chorus
Digitech Hardwire DL-8 Delay/Looper
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
Fender CD220CE Acoustic
Acoustics "break in"
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Your friend needs to be thrown into a huge ****ing fire. You want to break it in? How bout play it, and take good care of it for years to come.
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.
Quote by DKMfreak410
i dont think he mean seriously burning it i think he meant lightly with a lighter or something

Thats still a moronic idea. I don't know what you mean by "break in." Over a few years the next and body will warp less and less with changes in temperature and humidity, but a good guitar never breaks in. I say this because ****ty guitars have finishes on the necks which eventually wear down for the better.

If you want a distressed/aged look, that just takes hours and hours of playing. Earn the nicks and scratches on your guitar. Any douche bag can beat it up with a screwdriver.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
Send me the LP, I'll pay for shipping. After a few years (maybe 10), I'll return it to you reliced with some knicks & buckle rash,& scratches. I'll also go to Japan for a few years, which should oxidize the bridge & pickup covers giving you the aged look. The wood tone should also improve.

Viola, you will have the guitar of your dreams without having to call the fire department.

The least I can do for Rock n Roll.
I tend to find that guitars do feel nicer after a few years of heavy use, just because you're used to the guitar and certain things have worn in a little bit. After you've worn the back of the neck a little bit it feels nicer, but that just happens gradually. Don't stress about it too much.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by DKMfreak410
but theres always people saying guitars break in and they sound better over time.

They're stupid, and wrong.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Why not just buy a used guitar?
Current Gear:
Michael Kelly Club Custom 5 Acoustic Bass
Dean Performer Series PE-QM-TGE
Varrios Basic 5 Bass
Acoustic B450 Combo Amp
I support the 2nd Amendment. I don't support people who abuse it.
The day you realize you should stop playing guitar, which should be any day now....

please