Well, i've been looking for this tone a long time ago, and i wanted to ask you all, what should i have to use or wheatever to get this kind of tone. Its like an Overdrive / Distortion that sounds so gooood with solos.

I dont know how to describe this tone, so here are some videos for reference.

The 1st song where i found this awesome tone , was from Tony Macalpine's "Violin Song"
Here it is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJv191qND2U

This guy gets it pretty good too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKizJCS9z6k

On this song by Seraphim too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojtbLbOhVcs

Well, those are some reference videos for the kind of tone i want, that sound not so distorted, yet not clean, I dont know how to call it.

So what pedal , amp, pickup, guitar, amp settings or wheatever it is you guys can recommend me? Thanks in advance.

btw, sorry for my bad english. (currently learning it)
I don't know what to tell you, but you say you have bad english? You're way better at it than some of the native speakers on here...
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
A cranked hi-gain tube amp plus some sort of PAF humbucker in the neck slot will do the trick.
Gear:
Ibanez RG570 circa 1993
Ibanez S2020XAV
Carvin DC127
EVH 5153 50w
Orange PPC112
AxeFX II
Check out the Blackstar distortion pedal, it may be close to what you are looking for, it is also a valve pedal, great tone
Well, i have a Jackson DXMG-T ,Boss Mt-2, Bad monkey Overdrive, Digitech RP-50, and.....a Marshall 15 MGCDR... Something i can do?
it's just a pretty processed tone with reverb and delay through a heavily saturated tube amp
Quote by MLilienthal
it's just a pretty processed tone with reverb and delay through a heavily saturated tube amp

+1
Quote by Lemming16
Well, i have a Jackson DXMG-T ,Boss Mt-2, Bad monkey Overdrive, Digitech RP-50, and.....a Marshall 15 MGCDR... Something i can do?

Sell the mt2, sell the mg, buy a decent amp
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by MLilienthal

+1.
Quote by steven seagull
Sell the mt2, sell the mg, buy a decent amp

Lol, thats exactly what im doing. In fact, today im selling the MT-2. What amp you guys suggest? or what pedal?

And...what do i need to get that processed sound? Thanks in advance.
Quote by Lt.DustyBanana
A cranked hi-gain tube amp plus some sort of PAF humbucker in the neck slot will do the trick.
none of those clips sound remotely like a PAF humbucker at all. It's really more of your modern, dimarzio pickup kind of sound.
Last edited by al112987 at Oct 18, 2009,
Delay + Reverb + Hi Gain Tube Amp + Fat Medium High Output Neck Pup = Dat Tonez

Putting a nice OD in front might help as well. Something like a Fulltone OCD, Tubescreamer, or BB Preamp would add a little saturation and "juice" to the tone.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Last edited by Necrophagist777 at Oct 18, 2009,
It's a very modern kind of tone. You'll need a fairly high gain tube amp that is modern voiced. You'll need to use your neck pickup and roll off the treble slightly.

I think these are the most important elements of that tone.
Quote by XtAsY2007
It's a very modern kind of tone. You'll need a fairly high gain tube amp that is modern voiced. You'll need to use your neck pickup and roll off the treble slightly.

I think these are the most important elements of that tone.

Thanks everyone, so in conclusion, is a thing of hot pickups and hi-gain tube amp with reverb. But just a question lets say i have the tube amp. Should i use the amp distortion or use the amp clean channel with pedals?
^ amp distortion, maybe with a slight boost from an overdrive pedal or similar.

Quote by MLilienthal

yup. high gain tube amp, increase the mids, roll off the treble slightly. maybe use a boost if the amp doesn't have enough gain on its own. bridge humbucker.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
is it just me, or do all of those clips sound doubled/harmonized?

are you sure you don't mean the harmony of two guitars?
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's