Page 1 of 3
I've been seeing a lot of new recruits here day by day, and us older members seem to be few and far in between now. But I still remember the times when I was a kid and would log into UG first thing in the morning and browse the forums all day.

Somethings have still not changed around here. The Pit is still a hilarious spot, and headline news is always Slash, GnR or Zakk Wylde.

But somethings have.. In this thread I'd like all of us old members to post what we remember of UG from back in the day.

I'll start of by saying that there were hardly any fictional stories back then on the main page, but now all I see is 'Random Story Part 12' and stuff like that.

Also, when I first joined, UG only had about 50,000 tabs or so, if I remember correctly. Now they have like 300,000 haha.
I don't mean what I write in my posts.So don't argue back on it,and don't check me..Because,though I don't mean them,they are the only way I can increase my post count.
Am I a newb?
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Slash, GnR or Zakk Wylde.

Um?Wat.
I will stand by all this drinking if it helps me through these days,
It takes a long time just to get this all straight.
I remember I joined here back when they shut down mxtabs. Best thing to ever happen guitar-wise for me.
Quote by shreddin_frets
I've never played guiar before. Is it communist?

Quote by HeavyMetaldude
Now how should i dispose of the poo stick?
Yeah, I may not be as old on here as you, but I do know what youre talking about to an extent.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by RhoadsJackson71
I remember I joined here back when they shut down mxtabs. Best thing to ever happen guitar-wise for me.

Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
Yeah, does '07 count?

I feel that anything before '08 is a dying breed....

Lol, I remember in 2008:

Damn '08ers!

Then in 2009:

So now I suppose we're making fun of '09ers now?
Damn '09ers....
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
I've been here forever, but I don't remember much. I've slept since then.

And I had 3,000+ posts on Taborama lol.
I AM MASTER OF JIGGLYPUFF.

Current Gear:
Gibson Boneyard with Bigsby
Gibson 93' Explorer W/Nailbombs
G&L 93' Legacy W/Noiseless
Gibson 95' Doublecut W/Angus Bridge

Mesa Stiletto Trident
Bogner Shiva
Mesa 2x12 & 4x12 Cabs
I've been trolling since '04 but finally registered in '06

I remember the old layout. I remember when there were like... 40,000 tabs.

I remember the "Myspace pic" thread. Almost 5 years on this site and I have never found a funnier more hilarious thread. It should have been archived but it wasn't.

I remember when Cas fooled everyone and "got banned." Awesome April Fool's joke.
Man.. the old days.
Remember the "Used to be Pr0n" thread?

Good times were had. That thread was hilarious.

Quote by Momentosis
Am I a newb?

If you're a newb, then by year association, I'm a newb, and I refuse to refer to myself in such a derogatory manner.
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Sep 28, 2009,
@someguyupthereIcbatofind

Well GnR is on the front page today...
Quote by valennic
Yeah, I may not be as old on here as you, but I do know what youre talking about to an extent.
Me too.

Aug 07er's ftw.
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Sep 28, 2009,
deep down i wish i had experienced the fabled "old ug"

i've heard many stories

Quote by fetus989

sure hope you mean lurking
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Sep 28, 2009,
Lots of stories, man, lots of them. I remember those times pretty well.
I don't mean what I write in my posts.So don't argue back on it,and don't check me..Because,though I don't mean them,they are the only way I can increase my post count.
It seems that 07 kinda splits things.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
I started checking tabs here in Jan of 06 after or around when mxtabs got shut down..then I lurked until May...and there you go. I'm starting to gain seniority, I suppose.
I will always maintain that the best thread ever was the one Impulce started with the kids at some school dressed as Harry Potter characters. Every picture was hilarious.

Then it turned out they were all mentally challenged.
One of those stories was when I posted a thread with a tab of yankee doodle went to town and said I needed to find the name of the song so bad because it was playing in my head all day.

Somebody replied 'that definitely is a megadeth riff, its probably off peace sells..'

funniest **** on the internet, i knew nobody would bother to actually play the tab, and correct i was! hahaha!
I just realized that next year is getting pretty close, and it's gonna be pretty awkward to say "Damn 10ers!"

I mean, it just doesn't flow right. "OH-NINERS!" sounds ok, but "TENNERS!" just sounds retarded.
Quote by fetus989

I remember the old layout. I remember when there were like... 40,000 tabs.

I remember the "Myspace pic" thread. Almost 5 years on this site and I have never found a funnier more hilarious thread. It should have been archived but it wasn't.

I remember when Cas fooled everyone and "got banned." Awesome April Fool's joke.
Man.. the old days.

How were you trolling if you weren't posting?
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
The fiction section is fairly recent I think, I notice that too, there are a lot of random stories popping up.

And alas nostalgia for the glory years, I remember when a7xownz was kicking around, that was a good thread. I remember a few years ago I started lurking in the GG&A section and I stumbled upon the "it's stereo amp and i don't think it's tube" thread, that shit was gold.

Problem solving edit:
Quote by crazy8rgood
I just realized that next year is getting pretty close, and it's gonna be pretty awkward to say "Damn 10ers!"

I mean, it just doesn't flow right. "OH-NINERS!" sounds ok, but "TENNERS!" just sounds retarded.

Maybe we should call them decaders or new decaders or something, then we can just collectively make them feel unwanted while all of us have a 0 in front of our join year. Let the new decaders deal with the problem of making the new year recruits feel unwanted, we can just generalize and say 0~'s are better
Last edited by st.stephen at Sep 28, 2009,
Quote by Eddie4President
I'm an 09er

No one likes me.

Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
Quote by crazy8rgood
Remember the "Used to be Pr0n" thread?

Good times were had. That thread was hilarious.

That was a truly EPIC thread! I feel old!
Quote by shreddin_frets
I've never played guiar before. Is it communist?

Quote by HeavyMetaldude
Now how should i dispose of the poo stick?
Hat was the Old layout like, any screenshots?

Ps, I do officially declare 2007 the last of the Old Breed.
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Quote by crazy8rgood
You have 2 join dates.

This is hurting my brain.

Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
Quote by Angus_Junior35
Hat was the Old layout like, any screenshots?

Ps, I do officially declare 2007 the last of the Old Breed.

I don't think it can be official until somebody from 06 downwards declares it the last of the Old Breed.
Yeah, the Pit used to be epic as hell.

I remember buttsecks?, the whole Samnung thing, the UREH kid, That one night when everyone talked through thread titles, when the Pear first came around, the night of Assrammer, etc.

Gooooood times....
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
When I first joined I was all like "Oh wow, people from their houses are posting in this website! This is super cool!"

Then I was all like "Oh wow, i'm learning how to play guitar from this website"

Then I was all like "Oh wow, i'm a mod now"

Then I was all like "Oh wow, I need to slow things down and focus on school"

Then I was all like "Oh wow, i'm a mod again"

OH WOW

WOWIE WOW WOW

Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I remember how epic the madmaxluke thread was, buttsecks, and the lawl comics (I think it was called the lawl comics, you know the peer pressure comics for kids).
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
Last edited by Jacob6293 at Sep 28, 2009,
Quote by TheClincher
May 06!

but seriously, read my post it deals with the problem of the coming 2010 and the problem with calling them 10ers or something.
I know what you're talking about
Quote by Meths
I respect and value your opinion.

Just kidding. You're a fucking retard.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You want to strap a bunch of used mattresses to the walls?

Why not just roll around naked in medical waste while you're at it?

Quote by the_perdestrian
medical waste isn't free on craigslist
Page 1 of 3