As you all know (Read as: none of you) at WHS it's swim try outs. A thing which I'm doing but I haven't been on a swim team in years. Now I'm a really good swimmer but I'm worried. I have a bit of a wait problem which is only noticeable when I have my shirt (good thing I'm not swimming or anything) but I'm worried if I try out and fail at it then I'd look a fat prick. Also that'd be in front of a bunch of Seniors and some of my good friends.
I know I'm a good swimmer but I'm getting cold feet about doing it. Also I'd have to wear a speedo which is not good. What do you think I should do? Go for it?

Me... or the best pic on the internet.

This probably a stupid thread I'll regret maing come morning...
That pic is like a year and a half old I just remembered.
A Celebration For The Death Of Man...

Quote by Madison Perella

Thats not even sensible I base myself like this I like power I don't understand emotion. Knowledge is key and fire pokemon own.

Last edited by gridlockSG400 at Sep 28, 2009,
speedos are never good.
seriously go for it, its always better to fail than wonder "what if"
WAIT

[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
well i'd need a picture of you in a speedo first, then i'll give advice.
Last edited by jordan_yeah11 at Sep 28, 2009,
So I didn't see anything except Speedo, I sense self consciousness about your weight.
I will stand by all this drinking if it helps me through these days,
It takes a long time just to get this all straight.
Man, I'm a swimmer. Can I get a 1:17 long course 100 breast, woop woop?

nobody cares

I write songs.
YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THEM
Currently Requiring Crits:
none
Pic of you in speedo or this thread is useless.
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.
No sense in worrying about the consequences, do it for you not for other people, also what someone else said, if you don't do it you'll always wonder "what if I did that in high school"

You could be the next Michael Phelps for Christ sake!
There are some chubby kids on the swim team at my high school. No one cares. The swim team is awesome.
Just go for it, I don't really think anybody will make fun of you if you have a weight problem. Swimming is hell though .
I don't care about your swim team thing but MY GOD THAT COMFORTER IS AMAZING!

IT LOOKS LIKE LEGS!

But seriously, do it anyways.

A few guys (including myself) thought it would be funny to have a guy's volleyball team at our school, so we petitioned for a guy's volleyball team to be formed.

Word got around and we ended up with over a hundred signatures.

On the day of the "Boy's Volleyball Meeting," which was set to be held in a small classroom, over seventy people showed up to try out for the team. We had to move it to the auditorium.

Did we ever get a volleyball team? No.

Did we even care about volleyball? Not really.

When they rejected us, did we go to the public park right beside the school EVERY DAY and play volleyball after school? You better believe a lot of us did.

I hope you learned something from my anectdote.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
I don't own a speedo currently... and yes I'm self concious about my weight even though I probably shouldn't be. I'm actually in ok shape I just used to not be(back when I used to do swim team) Now I am unless of course I take my shirt off. Then you can tell I am but it's not a lot. Anyway I'm ging for it...

...also the only stroke I'm really good at is the crawl. And breaststroke but I ****ing hate it it takes too long.

Quote by Madison Perella

Thats not even sensible I base myself like this I like power I don't understand emotion. Knowledge is key and fire pokemon own.

Quote by dudetheman
I don't care about your swim team thing but MY GOD THAT COMFORTER IS AMAZING!

IT LOOKS LIKE LEGS!

But seriously, do it anyways.

A few guys (including myself) thought it would be funny to have a guy's volleyball team at our school, so we petitioned for a guy's volleyball team to be formed.

Word got around and we ended up with over a hundred signatures.

On the day of the "Boy's Volleyball Meeting," which was set to be held in a small classroom, over seventy people showed up to try out for the team. We had to move it to the auditorium.

Did we ever get a volleyball team? No.

Did we even care about volleyball? Not really.

When they rejected us, did we go to the public park right beside the school EVERY DAY and play volleyball after school? You better believe a lot of us did.

I hope you learned something from my anectdote.

So... they won't amputate his arms if he can't swim fast enough?
Quote by chrisa123
Pic of you in speedo or this thread is useless.

I'm not sure of your motives judging by your avatar.

Quote by Madison Perella

Quote by gridlockSG400
...also the only stroke I'm really good at is the crawl. And breaststroke but I ****ing hate it it takes too long.

But...don't you join the swim team to get better at different styles of swimming
Quote by st.stephen
But...don't you join the swim team to get better at different styles of swimming

I don't know it isn't swim lessons it's swim team

Quote by Madison Perella

Quote by gridlockSG400
I don't know it isn't swim lessons it's swim team

Fair enough I don't swim so I don't know shit
do it, we have a kid on our team who seriously can't swim, he has to go in the 1 foot deep area and kick with a board
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
From that pic you don't look overweight -- what I mean is that you're not obese, and it's probably not as big a problem as you think it is. I say definitely go for it, screw what other people think because you'll feel good about yourself for trying, and for doing exercise and not just sitting on the sidelines. Do it for yourself, and not for anyone else.
I say try out and if you don't make the cut, whatev. At least you'll have tried and you'll know how much practice you'll have to do if you wanna make it next year.
dude no worries. if you can swim well enough then it doesnt matter if youre out of shape. i swam for 6 years and it kept me in amazing shape. i miss that.

if you are self concious about your wieght, then dont give up on swimming cuz it will only make you in better shape than you are currently in.

and when i swam, we had plenty of chubby kids and nobody cared. you dont even look like youre as out of shape as those guys were. get out there and do it!

good luck brother.
^I S*** you not compadre!

Quote by Explorerpro
You Sir, Are Made Of Win.

Quote by El Hilliaro
Wow TS, this is a seriously great, original idea.

Anyway, I'm off, for some reason I have the strongest urge to listen to The Ramones.
Quote by roknoob1590
dude no worries. if you can swim well enough then it doesnt matter if youre out of shape. i swam for 6 years and it kept me in amazing shape. i miss that.

if you are self concious about your wieght, then dont give up on swimming cuz it will only make you in better shape than you are currently in.

and when i swam, we had plenty of chubby kids and nobody cared. you dont even look like youre as out of shape as those guys were. get out there and do it!

good luck brother.

Yeah, I worked as a lifeguard even though I was a little self-conscious. After a couple of days I stopped caring. There were bigger guys who were less self-conscious than me, so I really had no excuse. One of the guys was prolly 6'5" and 300+ lbs, and if he didn't care about his weight to take of his shirt, then I wasn't going to hide.
Start doing laps? Get some practice in before there are tryouts.
Castles made of sand
Fall to the sea
Eventually