ok, basically when i posted before i didnt know what was my cash flow

now i know

Fender strat sold -$400
$1100 in cash

so i have $1500 for a guitar + amp combo

i want a METAL GUITAR, i want a GREAT METAL AMP, i want it to sound good
i play slipknot, disturbed, and metallica
you could have sold your guitar for more than that...... maybe 900...
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
na..it wasnt what i thought it was

found out it was just a normal mexi-strat 70's edition..lol
located in RI, looking to buy most if not all of the stuff on Clist, or maybe just buy an AMP from a local store and a Clist guitar
Quote by FODICO
na..it wasnt what i thought it was

found out it was just a normal mexi-strat 70's edition..lol

oh
last time you said it was an American Standard
but you could have sold it for 550

On Topic:
do you switch tunings alot?
if yes then an FR guitar is not for you.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
ya, i switch tuning alot, but itsnt just a pain to retune a guitar

basically i tune the guitar to a different tuning every day, i cant see it taking more then 30 minutes to tune it
ya, so out of that giant list of things i need someone to sort it out

i also can get a ibanez prestige for $500 (no EMG pickups tho, the other kinda) and a schecter for $400

im looking for the best possible combo, and its not like i can go and check every one out..
Quote by FODICO
ya, i switch tuning alot, but itsnt just a pain to retune a guitar

basically i tune the guitar to a different tuning every day, i cant see it taking more then 30 minutes to tune it

If you have a floating bridge, it will. changing tunings is a bitch with a floating bridge.

Anyways, what I would buy is...

Ibanez RG321
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG321-Electric-Guitar?sku=512492
and buy a pair Dimarzio D-activators.

Thats $500.

Now, with that $1000, you can buy

Peavey 6505 plus ($650)
http://providence.craigslist.org/msg/1367405075.html

Then if you can stretch your budget another $150, get a Vader Cab (2x12 = $469)

If you can't stretch the budget, then you still have like $350 to find a used cab or get a luthier to build you a cab and you can fill it with speakers of your choice.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
the budget is completely streched ( i actually still have the fender, but i have 2 offers saying $400 for it, so its basically gone, although if i can make a good score on a amp and guitar without having to sell it its basically a bonus, but the metal comes first!!! )
oh, also realize if i cant get the metal sound out of the amp im going to need to use a pedal (so that will figure into the prices)
The 5150II, 6505+, Randall, Rectoverb and JSX won't need any extra gain. In fact, they all should be okay. I think you should spend $800-$1000 on a amp, or less if we find for a lower price, and about $400-$700 on a guitar.
ok, so i should buy the 6505+ the speaker (estimated 1k altogether if i can bargain well), and seems like the best one out of all of them , and switch out my fender for a ??? (apparently cant have FR)
Quote by FODICO
isnt the hellraisers a better series for metal

Depends...the main difference is in the pickups, the Hellraiser has EMG's and the Classic has SD JB and '59. The JB has way less output then the EMG's, but that doesn't mean it can't play metal, it comes down to preference of tone. I would personally take the EMG's in this case, just because I find the JB gets lost in the distortion too easily.

If you can avoid getting a Peavey cab with 5150II/6505+, it would be in your best interest IMO. I've never liked the sheffield speakers that Peavey uses. I'd rather have Celestion V30's or Eminence Governors.
^ this would be sweet if it works and i actually end up having the cash to buy it at the end
so far im trying to get this straight

either i do this

6505+ ($550)
some type of cab ($400)
a hellraiser ($400)
and this leaves me $150 to maybe buy that pedal used somewhere?

or i do this
5150ll ($850)
hellraiser ($400)
and leaves me $250 to buy the pedal?
You need to understand that you don't need added distortion for the 5150II, it has more then you will ever need. Buy an EQ instead.
ya, the pedal was for dropped tuning, it saves me the trouble of trying to play drop A tuning on 11's or something stupid

the guy for the 5150ll emailed me back, saying $850 was fair..

do i make the trade or do i try to get another cab and the other one
Quote by FODICO
ya, the pedal was for dropped tuning, it saves me the trouble of trying to play drop A tuning on 11's or something stupid

the guy for the 5150ll emailed me back, saying $850 was fair..

do i make the trade or do i try to get another cab and the other one

I'd take it, sell the cab, and use the $250 plus the money you get from selling the Peavey cab to buy a Vader or another cab. I'm GAS'ing for a Vader atm, hence the suggestion.

Also, to that CL post you made with the V30, yes that's what you are looking for, but you'll want at least 2.
+1 on the 5150 II. For now though, keep the cab, if you don't like, you can sell it for about $300 and buy another used cab, maybe a Recto cab or Avatar. If that doesn't work, go with the Rectoverb.

If you get it for $850, you'll have a good $650 too work with, I'd try to get that ESP if I were you. It'd be better then the Schecter imo.