I cant seem to get this right, if an amp has 2 8 ohm outs and I only use 1 of them does that make it compatible for a 4 ohm cab? or a 16 ohm cab? I hate ohms -_-
is it too outputs for sterio or just two outputs? if there in sterio its 4. if there just two outputs then its 8
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
amps run the speaker outs in parallel. so using each output you could run two 8 ohm cabs. or you could use a single 4 ohm cabinet out of one of the outputs leaving the other one empty.

Unless it's an amp with a tube power amp. then you should consult a user manual. this is doubtful considering bassist's that own tube amps already know these sorts of things due to the price of such amps.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Quote by Revelation
Unless it's an amp with a tube power amp. then you should consult a user manual. this is doubtful considering bassist's that own tube amps already know these sorts of things due to the price of such amps.

Well I have a tube half stack already but that was easy because its a 4 ohm head into a 4 ohm cab, I never had to do any guess work. Now that I'm building this other one I'm starting to run into these snags. The amp doesnt have any tubes in it, of this I'm sure.
then you have the option of two 8 ohm cabs or one 4 ohm cab. or if you can find them you could use four 16 ohm cabs but the cabs would have to have two parallel jacks in the back to support this. 16 ohm bass cabs are pretty rare anyway though.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu