Hey i have a little over 18 dollars on itunes left and need suggestions from the pit.

I am in the mood to buy (but NOT limited to) some 90's alternative stuff. I already have a lot of Pearl Jam (new Backspacer album maybe? Any good?), Nirvana, Blind Melon. I have been listening to Smashing Pumpkins's Siamese Dream and its pretty good so far and just bought Funkadelic's Maggot Brain. Any good suggestions for me pit?
Epiphone LP Cust. w/ SD '59 neck and Cust. 5 bridge
Fender MIA Stratocaster
Traynor YCV50
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop SW-95 Wah
ElectroHarmonix Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
ElectroHarmonix Small Clone
We roll tonight, To the guitar bite
I didn't like Pearl Jam's new album, but if you're listening to Siamese Dream you might as well get Mellon Colie and the Infinite Sadness
I will stand by all this drinking if it helps me through these days,
It takes a long time just to get this all straight.
Hum- Downward is heavenward they're a little known 90's shoegaze style music it is some good stuff
Lynyrd Skynyrd's new album comes out tomorrow...?
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.

The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots

MGMT - Time To Pretend EP

18 bucks should cover that and still give you some left over.

DO IT

Or just get Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness.
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Sep 28, 2009,
Guitar - Sunkissed (ambient shoegaze/danceable awesomeness)

The Cure - Wish (atmospheric goth-pop goodness)

Smashmouth - Astro Lounge (fantastic 90's guitar pop)

The Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness (if you like Siamese Dream you'll like this.)
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
Buy The best of Joy Division or Kiss me Kiss me Kiss me by The Cure

You will NOT regret buying any of them. Buy both if you can afford, i have no idea how much albums cost on Itunes.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

Go for some Soundgarden. If you want something heavy and really grungy, go for Badmotorfinger. If you want a classic Alt-Grunge staple, get Superunknown. Superunknown is cited by many Alt-Rock artists as an influential record.
Where is Dirk Lance?
hopefully you've got every alice in chains song they've ever written otherwise you should get a good start and put that $18 towards that.
Quote by Nickpocalypse
New Alice In Chains?

Sounds pretty cool-o to me.

I was going to suggest some old Alice in Chains, but really, just get some kind of Alice in Chains New stuff is still worth it though!
Quote by inhatredofme
hopefully you've got every alice in chains song they've ever written otherwise you should get a good start and put that $18 towards that.

Their cover of "Suffragette City" is pretty kickass. I have no idea what album it's on though. I just torrented their discography (I'd already bought Dirt and Facelift, if that offsets it any).
my dorm-mate has a lot of mgmt and muse stuff i could borrow from him and i just got yoshimi.

yes i buy music...it sucks but i cant afford to have my computer get viruses and explode

I'll pass on the skynyrd ha. So a few votes for mellon collie and some shoegaze. Any things else? to the guy who said he's not sure what im looking for. pretty much just any alternative music that isnt 'sludg'ish' or too heavy (sorry alice in chains ha)with some powerful feel.
Fender MIA Stratocaster
Traynor YCV50
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop SW-95 Wah
Quote by Chuckleberry
my dorm-mate has a lot of mgmt and muse stuff i could borrow from him and i just got yoshimi.

yes i buy music...it sucks but i cant afford to have my computer get viruses and explode
I'll pass on the skynyrd ha. So a few votes for mellon collie and some shoegaze. Any things else? to the guy who said he's not sure what im looking for. pretty much just any alternative music that isnt 'sludg'ish' or too heavy (sorry alice in chains ha)with some powerful feel.

Dosn't happen because you can check the content of the torrent before you use it. Also any decent anti viral software is more than enough to protect you. Just don't use **** like limewire.
Quote by Chuckleberry

If you want some Shoegaze, DEFINITELY check out The Horrors and My Bloody Valentine.

Specifically these albums:

The Horrors - Primary Colours

My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
Quote by crazy8rgood
If you want some Shoegaze, DEFINITELY check out The Horrors and My Bloody Valentine.

Specifically these albums:

The Horrors - Primary Colours

My Bloody Valentine - Loveless

+1 to Loveless. Their EPs are pretty good too. (Ecstasy, Strawberry Wine, You Made Me Realize).
get some songs off the colour and the shape by foo fighters (if that was 90's i dont remember)
Quote by WantsLesPaul
I get such a big rush from downloading torrents that I just have to cum all over my face right at that moment.
Quote by Bitches nBagels
get some songs off the colour and the shape by foo fighters (if that was 90's i dont remember)

That was 97, I believe.

And TS, if you do decide to get songs from this album, I recommend you at least download "February Stars", "Enough Space", "My Poor Brain", and their covers of "Drive Me Wild", Down in the Park", and "Baker Street".
sunny day real estate?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMkH6xi6-Og

EDIT:
SDRE's drummer and bassist later played in the foo fighters.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Last edited by NoLaurelTree000 at Sep 29, 2009,
alright i will look into those bands thanks a lot for the suggestions, but i prefer to buy albums in their entirety (spelling?) and i dont like greatest hits cd's too much either sorry. Anything else?
Fender MIA Stratocaster
Traynor YCV50
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop SW-95 Wah
Get Opeth's Damnation! It's not metal at all like their typical stuff, but it's still in their style. You might enjoy it.

/Opeth fanboy
oh oh oh!!! TS you should buy the new alice in chains album! it comes out tomorrow i think. they are a 90's band, and somewhat alternative. just my 2 cents
^I S*** you not compadre!

Quote by Explorerpro
You Sir, Are Made Of Win.

Quote by El Hilliaro
Wow TS, this is a seriously great, original idea.

Anyway, I'm off, for some reason I have the strongest urge to listen to The Ramones.