I've been thinking about getting an Orange Tiny Terror for a while, and I just recently learned about the Dual Terror.

Two channels, 30 watts.
That's double the channels, and double the watts!

Not that that is really much, but that's not the point.
Would it be worth spending a few hundred bucks more to get the dual terror rather than the regular TT?
I'd be getting a 2x12 cab to go with either choice.

My other option is to get a rocker 30 combo, but my problem with that is that I've head that tube combos aren't that great in the long run.
personally i'd go with the dual terror, just cuz I like the versatility. I have nothing against just using my guitar's volume knob to clean up my tone, but I haven't really gotten use to doing it regularly so i'd rather just have a two channel amp.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
the only thing about the DT is that it's either a dumbed-down rocker 30, or a louder TT. not bad things, just my thoughts about it.

regardless, the TT is a really solid amp (duh thats what i think about it).

also - where did you hear that about combo amps?
Quote by Skierinanutshel
the only thing about the DT is that it's either a dumbed-down rocker 30, or a louder TT. not bad things, just my thoughts about it.

regardless, the TT is a really solid amp (duh thats what i think about it).

also - where did you hear that about combo amps?

I concur with this statement.

The fat channel didn't really sound a whole lot different imo, (through crap YouTube compression mind you) but you may think differently.
On the dual terror you have the FAT channel and the original TT channel...
You have to care on tweaking it, or you may have 2 distortion channels.
I'm also thinking about getting it hehe
just because the size
Quote by Junnage
GuitarUser knows what's up*

Quote by SimplyBen
I agree with GuitarUser

Quote by travs2448
digital amps are like Fapping, its good but nothings like the real thing.
I heard that combo amps are less durable in the long run because the speaker is housed with the guts. Prolonged use (especially with hi watts) at high volumes could rattle some of the parts apart or just mess with the sound.

And I like to play loud hahaha.

So a tiny terror + 2x12 cab is a good place to start for my first tube amp? I'm currently using an orange crush 30r and I'm setting my short term money goals right now.

Also, I forgot to mention in my band we play quite a few songs with clean parts. Does this mean I'd have to get a distortion pedal for the TT?
Last edited by Electrocuuute at Sep 29, 2009,
Well, I really like the orange cleans, so what would my best option be? Save up for like a rocker head and cab?
It'd be worth it to save for the Rocker head.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Save up for an AD series or a Rocker. The TT just isn't a very good amp IMO.
Does anyone know the difference between the Rocker series and the AD series? Wikipedia says the AD series has a more vintage sound whereas the Rocker series sounds more modern.

Truth to this?
There are a lot of differences between the two, but it can mostly be summed up by the vintage/modern comparison.
Quote by Roc8995
Save up for an AD series or a Rocker. The TT just isn't a very good amp IMO.

+1

The TT is pretty muddy and lifeless, IMO.

An AD or a Rocker would definitely be a better choice if you have the money. Listen to Roc8995 - he really knows his stuff when it comes to tube amps.
If by lovin' you mean a complete rewiring to something with a little character and clarity, then yes.

I just don't see anything redeeming in the TT design other than the reasonably good construction.
when i got mine the shop said they did some quick alterations when they got it in.....probably nothing major like you're saying though. i do plan on doing a rewiring eventually. a good retubing was necessary to get closer to what i wanted though.
There are a lot of mods for the TT. I can see how new tubes and some work in the preamp could do a lot of good for it.