We are a band called Surmised. This is our demo we sent out. We are new to the game and have only been a band about 3 months. I know alot of you on here are musical experts. Give your opinion as any advice is gladly accepted. I know we need to mix it up more, that is a given. Other than that what would you change?Surmised

MOD EDIT: Wrong forum
^^ LAWL CORYKLOK, THAT R THE FUNNIEST THING I EVAR HAS HURD. U R TRULY TRUE COMEDIANS.

My advice would be to take it to another forum on here, because the Pit probably isn't the best one.

After listening, I have to say, it's not bad.

Though you do need to tune your guitars.
I think it's time for a change.

Sig v5.0 (approximate)
Last edited by §ArmyofAngels§ at Sep 29, 2009,
surmised is an awkward name
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Irvington, AlabamaFox News

School Kids Shootup School After Failing At Music Career

Two teenage boys killed 15 of their fellow classmates and 3 teachers today and then took their own lives. Police sources say they boys were angry after receiving some honest feedback on the website Ultimate-guitar.com regarding their guitar being out of tune, having zero originality, or discernable technique.

A national enquiry is underway into the reasons why schoolchildren are so tone deaf and unmusically talented.
Last edited by lucertia. at Sep 28, 2009,
Actually, this would be best at home on the Riffs and Recordings forum. Not in the pit. Never post ANYTHING serious in the Pit. EVER.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by lucertia.
Irvington, AlabamaFox News

School Kids Shootup School After Failing At Music Career

Two teenage boys killed 15 of their fellow classmates and 3 teachers today and then took their own lives. Police sources say they boys were angry after receiving some honest feedback on the website Ultimate-guitar.com regarding their guitar being out of tune, having zero originality, or discernable technique.

A national enquiry is underway into the reasons why schoolchildren are so tone deaf and unmusically talented.

Even for the Pit, that's harsh...
but untuned guitars = undeserving of mercy, so carry on.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by FrustratedRocka
Even for the Pit, that's harsh...
but untuned guitars = undeserving of mercy, so carry on.

I was only joking, i didnt actually listen to it. I dont listen to teenage musicians they tend not to be evolved enough.
Quote by Surmised
We are a band called Surmised. This is our demo we sent out. We are new to the game and have only been a band about 3 months. I know alot of you on here are musical experts. Give your opinion as any advice is gladly accepted. I know we need to mix it up more, that is a given. Other than that what would you change?Surmised

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

sad panda

I write songs.
YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THEM
Currently Requiring Crits:
none
Quote by WyvernOmega
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

sad panda

From your profile
haha okie and dude ur guyses music is amazing

Tip: Get fans who can spell.

It actually wasn't that bad. It was pretty unoriginal though. And get a new picture the one on your myspace annoys the **** out of me
Ughhh. Not my cup of tea; I hate this sort of Three Days Grace/Nickelback sounding rubbish. However, it's not bad. First of all, fix your ****ing myspace. It looks like ****. If you want to play with respectable bands, you have to look like one. Get a GOOD band photo, get a decentlooking layout, put the names of your band members on there, delete all the broken links, and take off some of the bull****. Second, Re-Record. It doesn't sound bad, but it could be MUCH better, and honestly, in this day and age, it isn't exactly difficult or expensive to make a professional sounding recording. Also, capitalize your song titles, what are you, twelve? And I hate your singer, sorry. And your bass isn't orginal or important sounding enough to be as loud as you have it, plus the tone is ****. You guys aren't bad, but if your looking to get signed, you have ALOT of work ahead of you. Finally, TEE SHIRTS! Make them, sell them at shows, make sure people want to buy them because of how they look, not how you play. You could play the best set ever played and sell zero shirts if they are boring, but if you could suck and sell a million shirts if they are cool looking. And selling shirts gets your name out and money in your pockets.
And having a DECENT sounding EP to sell at shows is always good. If it sounds like the recordings you've got now, though, I would demand my money back.
Quote by seokorn
your awesome stoner

Quote by Frobot!
Tapeman is my hero.
Quote by Stoner stone
Ughhh. Not my cup of tea; I hate this sort of Three Days Grace/Nickelback sounding rubbish. However, it's not bad. First of all, fix your ****ing myspace. It looks like ****. If you want to play with respectable bands, you have to look like one. Get a GOOD band photo, get a decentlooking layout, put the names of your band members on there, delete all the broken links, and take off some of the bull****. Second, Re-Record. It doesn't sound bad, but it could be MUCH better, and honestly, in this day and age, it isn't exactly difficult or expensive to make a professional sounding recording. Also, capitalize your song titles, what are you, twelve? And I hate your singer, sorry. And your bass isn't orginal or important sounding enough to be as loud as you have it, plus the tone is ****. You guys aren't bad, but if your looking to get signed, you have ALOT of work ahead of you. Finally, TEE SHIRTS! Make them, sell them at shows, make sure people want to buy them because of how they look, not how you play. You could play the best set ever played and sell zero shirts if they are boring, but if you could suck and sell a million shirts if they are cool looking. And selling shirts gets your name out and money in your pockets.
And having a DECENT sounding EP to sell at shows is always good. If it sounds like the recordings you've got now, though, I would demand my money back.

Listen to this man. He knows what he's talking about, and summed up every thought that went through my head while checking you guys out
Last edited by i_killed_bill at Sep 29, 2009,
alright i just listened to it and its not half as bad as i thought. Your voice is decent which is the main thing...you can either sing or you cant. I cannot understand a word you are singing tho so work on that. The songs are very samey but in general its not bad compared to the bands you like.

put some vocal harmonies in there and obviously get a real drummer until you get one dont bother doing anything you have a decent start so focus on getting a good band with diverse influences who will change your sound up a bit.