Page 1 of 2
I know, I know, I have the custom dragonburst LP coming in like a week or two...but I just couldn't resist this at the insane bargain basement price I was offered. This is the only pic I have for now, more coming when it arrives in a few days:

Beautiful top.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Quote by boxcarmonument
Beautiful top.

The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
Quote by Shirate

Quoted for truth . Thanks guys!
Haha, thanks man. You really don't...but if you really want me to I'll spill =P.
how much

Are you telling me theyre out of dragons?
They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
GET THIS GUY OUT OF HERE, FIND ME A DRAGON
Quote by Shirate

darn, i'd put that in my sig, but i'm out of room
In speed versus emotional playing, i think of an M16 versus an M24. You can have 650 rounds per minute, or one round, one kill. Both should be in your arsenal.

PSN and XBL: xxWONDERxxBOYxx
Leave a message that you're from UG with your username
Awesome!

HNGD!
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
That is a glorious top on it, nice score if you say you got it for a good price... how much did it set you back?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Some of the matching under the bridge is a bit bleh to me, but I´m sure the guitar plays fantasticly well.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
That is a glorious top on it, nice score if you say you got it for a good price... how much did it set you back?

Quote by Vlasco
Some of the matching under the bridge is a bit bleh to me, but I´m sure the guitar plays fantasticly well.

Well, I spec'd this guitar out on Carvin's website and it came out to $1950, not including the nice hardshell case. I got it for $460 shipped with the hardshell and it's minty. That's essentially the cost of a new MIM Fender. So...I wouldn't complain if the top had a middle finger etched into it for this price.
Btw, I've heard that Carvin pup routes are weird and some regular pickups (Dimarzio, etc) wouldn't fit. True?
Awesome guitar man! Quilt top looks fantastic.

I may order mine pretty soon
HNGD!

Guitars: Carvin Dc127
Amps: Peavey 6505+ head
Marshall 1960A cab
Roland cube 15
Effects:
BOSS NS-2
INHALED
Quote by CustomAxe
Btw, I've heard that Carvin pup routes are weird and some regular pickups (Dimarzio, etc) wouldn't fit. True?

I own four and it isn´t the case on any of them. Some are vintage some are new, some are from the 90´s. They all fit Dimarzios just fine.
Ah cool. Unless I'm in love with the ones in this already, I'll either get Bareknuckles or just add an active module.
I find it isn´t the pickups that need to be replaced - it´s the wiring and mini pots. They use really lame wires and pots. If you replace them it really opens up the tone.
I'm sure despite it being a custom carvin I'll be modding the hell out of it. Hell, might even refinish it depending on how these colors look in person
I think the odd pickup routes are just with their 7 strings.
Don't they use CTS pots? I thought they're supposed to be top of the line.
Last edited by CapnKickass at Sep 29, 2009,
They could very possibly be top of the line but they sound like crap to my ears and most people that have replaced them agree.

Don´t feel bad about modding it. I´ve modded all of my Carvins to match my exact specs.
that looks sweet man, awesome deal too! HNGD!!

sig'd!
Quote by Shirate
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate

Transformice
Last edited by Rocketface2112 at Sep 29, 2009,
Congratulations - you stole it!!!!

I just came from Carvin's site, trying to estimate how much a replacement for my old DC 125 would cost.
I'll be saving up to buy one in spring.

mark
"I'm very happy to be here - on Earth." Les Paul, Inventors Hall of Fame induction speech.
Sort of off-topic, but how are Carvin's LFRs?
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Man, that looks real nice, play the crap out of it my friend. I love Carvins, and I hope to own a CT6 one day in the hopefully not so distant future.

Like the guy asked above, how do you like the bridge? Is it licensed or an OFR?
Gear:
1998 PRS CE 22-10 Top Natural Finish
MIM HSS Strat-Electron Blue
Vox AC4TV
Carvin uses OFRs on their 6-strings, and LFRs on their 7-strings. I haven't heard of any problems with their LFRs.
HNEGD

the E stands for early ... arnt i smart
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
Quote by stratman7
Carvin uses OFRs on their 6-strings, and LFRs on their 7-strings. I haven't heard of any problems with their LFRs.

Oh... I got the impression they were all LFRs because their customization form never specifies...
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Quote by ATLstang
Man, that looks real nice, play the crap out of it my friend. I love Carvins, and I hope to own a CT6 one day in the hopefully not so distant future.

Like the guy asked above, how do you like the bridge? Is it licensed or an OFR?

Thank you! And yep, as people said they use Original Floyd Roses on their six string models. Should be a great trem.
Quote by CustomAxe
Under $500, shipped with a hardshell case.

Sweet Jesus.

The top on that is so hawt. I wish people would sell cool Carvins around me for that price... all the whack jobs here think they can get $1300 for a guitar they paid $1400 for new, which I can go buy on eBay for $800
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
That is one of the most beautiful quilt tops i have seen.
You have found yourself an excellent buy.
Congrats, youtube review maybe?
I love white guitars!
Last edited by Eat_0n_Kent at Sep 30, 2009,
Page 1 of 2