4 24%
Option 2
5 29%
Option 3
5 29%
Option 4
3 18%
Voters: 17.
I have to write a paper, and what I'm writing it on (as weird as this might sound) has to be on a very vague "big" question. Basically giving the students the opportunity to get somewhat philosophical (although when I heard the other students ideas, it's just questions like "Where did the earth come from?" or "why do men cheat?"). So it basically goes like: Pick a very vague question, sort of philosophical, and then relate it to a more specific issue and continue. So here's what I'm considering talking about:

1. Determinism (most likely in favor of it)

2. Drug prohibition (not vague enough, so I'd probably talk a little about civil libertarianism, and I'm against drug prohibition)

3. The paranormal (I don't believe in that stuff. This normally would be my least favorite of the 4 ideas to write about, but my teacher believes in ghosts, and I think she'd find it interesting, because she's open-minded to other opinions)

4. The Death Penalty (again, not vague enough, so I'll probably think of a more vague topic and go into a discussion about the death penalty, which I'm against)

Which do you think would work the best?
Do the paranormal.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Weird thing to be doing in English. Thats more of a social studies thing but the UK are different obviously.

Just pick any and get a big thread going and just use the answers from there.
option 3 dude. "paranormal" doesn't have to just mean "ghosts". There's TONS of really strange unexplainable stuff that falls into that category, it could be really interesting
Check out the nightmare inducement thread for paranormal inspiration.

lols

Quote by CrossBack7
I would go with 1 or 4.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Um, pick a subject with an 'ism', such as nihilism, determinism, humanism, romanticism, etc and then work out a question that lets you discuss whatever you want to talk about. I don't think its the question you should be worried about but more the subject.
How many guitar players does it take to change a light bulb?

Twelve. One to change the bulb and eleven to say they could do it better.
Quote by Momentosis
Check out the nightmare inducement thread for paranormal inspiration.

lols

advertising my thread ftw
Option 4.

You should do an analysis of Cesare Becaria's Dei delitti e delle pene and how it formed the basis of today's model of the criminal penal system in first world countries. Ha.
Quote by jetfuel495

THE FUCK HAPPENED TO YOUR GOLDFISH?

EDIT: he is Nemo now. epic fish is epic
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Sep 29, 2009,
Option 2 seems to most interesting to me.
Tonight I kill your fucking face.
I killed your face.

HG FC: 4211 7971 0287
Plt FC: 3052 1000 9033
Yeah....

Shineysides...

You need the goldfish.

The new one just ain't workin.

Quote by CrossBack7