Hey... my first UG post. woo!

Anyway, I'm having trouble learning how to do this specific bend I've heard in a couple of different songs. It sounds almost like a dying cry or something and its definitely a multi string bend, although I don't know which ones

This is a link to an example of it in a song.. It's Covered in Rain by John Mayer although I've heard the technique in other places like Machine Gun by Hendrix and in some SRV songs too.

The bend is right around 3:22... pick the 10 minute song version.
http://www.playlist.com/searchbeta/tracks#covered%20in%20rain

Tried googling around with no luck so figured it would be better to just ask some people.

Thanks,
jlink
A unison bend?

Generally on strings one and two, just bend the 2nd string to the note you're fretting on the first string. The closer it is without being in unison, the more dissonant it will be and stick out more.
Yeah I've tried getting a unison bend to sound like it but I just can't seem to get it to sound the same. If it is a unison, he's dead on with that dissonance
I'll put money on it being a raked bend.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Sorry, I didn't even really listen to the clip. I just saw Mayer, Hendrix, and SRV, and figured it was a unison bend. But I think steven seagull is right.
I didn't listen to it either
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

it's probably a just a bent double stop.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
lol you assholes listen to the clip before you make me try unison bending for 20 minutes to get the sound.
"Track Unavailable"

I still say it's a raked bend.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc