First off, I tried using the searchbar and nothing really came up for acoustics. To switch a right handed acoustic to left handed do I just need to buy a new nut and saddle? My friend is lefty and he wants to learn how to play so I'm curious on how much of a task this would be to get my extra acoustic setup for him to start learning.
All in all is all we are
Switching the bridge saddle is a pain. Being a lefty ive never really found a replacement lefty bridge piece so the only way to fix that is the previous mentioned solution. Just as your not really gonna find an aftermarket compensated lefty saddle. I got away with just switching the nut on an acoustic for a long time. The intonation was off but playable.
He can try playing righty. If he ever gets any good and wants a better guitar, he will essentially be fucked.
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!
Quote by Tackleberry
Switching the bridge saddle is a pain. Being a lefty ive never really found a replacement lefty bridge piece so the only way to fix that is the previous mentioned solution. Just as your not really gonna find an aftermarket compensated lefty saddle. I got away with just switching the nut on an acoustic for a long time. The intonation was off but playable.

First it depends if its angled saddle or not, and graphtech and other places makes left compensated saddles, and nuts.

OP, before someone else says it, keep your posts to one forum category. Don't make the same post in multiple categories.
Lefty Strat Copy w/ GFS Lil' killer rails + Crazy wiring
Lefty Kona Thinline Acoustic/Electric
Righty-to-Lefty Silvertone Bass
Righty-to-Lefty Memphis Short Scale Bass
Vox AD30VT-XL

Tascam US-428 USB Interface Mixer
Guitar Rig 3