I liked it ...

I agree with the above comment about the harp at the end. It would be better in my opinion if you only repeated the harp twice and then finished with a modification of bars 5 - 8 (my favourite part)

I liked the beat you had going the drums definitely complimented the melody and i found myself nodding in time.

If you could take a look at Evening Sunshine (link in my sig) that would be great.
Quote by philjay
*Picks up TT like handbag and smacks you over the head like an angry granny *
Try that with your rocker 30

Latest Songs & Poems

[thread="1404112"] Blaze (Music)[/thread]
[thread="1207211"] Evening Sunshine (Music)[/thread]
[thread="899566"] To Wonder (Music)[/thread]
[thread="960046"]Dreams[/thread]
Hey, thanks for the crit!

To be honest, I don't have much bad to say about this song.

I loved the electronic drums, I did not expect that at all. I liked the melody; really simple, but perfect for the song (and it never out-stayted its welcome). The inclusion of the choir pad added a great touch.

Your transition between 4/4 and 6/8 was seamless, and the harp melody was really cool, but, in my opinion, it didn't have enough time to really set in; as soon it was introduced the song ended.

That and the short length are my only issues with this piece. I think that instead of ending with the harp part you should reintroduce the original melody with a rythmic varition to fit it into the new time signature, and then maybe fade out or slow down to an end like you already did, or keep going and bring in some new ideas and melodies.

Other than that it's great so far.

If you have time, please check out my newest song:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1208887
Thanks
Last edited by thatchrisguy13 at Sep 30, 2009,