I am unsure of which of these 3 to get. Multi-effects would be great but i mainly, as in 95% of the time play Metal core (parkway drive, august burns red etc)

Which of these pedals do you think would suit me best?
What amp & what guitar.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Amp varies as i play at school and at home, my home amp is just a baic 30W Laney, my guitar is an ESP LTD H-1001
I would recommend a POD XT live if you can get it, even if you mostly play metalcore, because it gives you more flexibility in creating a tone. The good thing about it is that you can choose and amp model as well as distortion/overdrive model to get a variety of tones. If it's not available, get the Floor POD Plus.
Last edited by Amer91 at Sep 29, 2009,
alright thanks very much (: i was looking at the POD XT live but it is a fair bit of money. I've been looking on ebay so hopefully a cheap one comes on. Any particular reason why the POD Plus over the other 2???
you are aware that a POD is significantly different from a distortion stomp box right?

In any case, I think you could do better, maybe look at the Pro Tone Skumstortion or Body Rot II.

Some sample clipporz... http://protonepedals.com/?p=33
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
I've never heard of either of these, will check them out (:

Any particular reason you see those as superior pedals to the Line 6 ones?
Their tone, sound and flexibility.

I like how it sounds in high gain, clear, biting but still able to bring the "chugga chugga".
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Do you own one of these pedals? I can only find the body rot II on ebay. it's more expensive then i thought.
Quote by xxESP-MH-250xx
Do you own one of these pedals? I can only find the body rot II on ebay. it's more expensive then i thought.

Nope, but I have tried the Skumstortion at my friend's. Its a dang high gain pedal, great sounds and versatile in the sense that its controls are very powerful.

Alternatively, you can consider getting a Boss MT2 or DS1 and upgrading it with Keeley or Monte Allums pedal mod.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Im honestly not a really a fan of boss pedals. IMO, they just seem so maintstream. I wouldnt really feel comfrotable modding the pedal either.
The Blackstar or Krank distortion pedal? Altho I'm not sure how well the Blackstar will be for Metalcore.

If you really want to go it... get the Mesa V Twin or Bottle Rocket?
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
hmm, i dont know if i really like the sound from the Krank :s just watched a video of some guy with a les paul demo it and it sounded soft lol. still think the Uber metal had the real oomph to it that i'm looking for.
wait. you're gonna buy an uber metal over over a skumstortion or a body rot II?