The relation of lyrics to life.
I will stand by all this drinking if it helps me through these days,
It takes a long time just to get this all straight.
Something catchy to sing along to?
Quote by RU Experienced?
I love ham, I'm gay!!!

Buy fresh sliced deli ham and stop being a bitch. Also, never microwave ham ever, it's in strict violation of ham law.
Quote by Syndromity
The relation of lyrics to life.

What about all those instrumentals people enjoy?
Official Member of the 'Fly your australian flag high club' for the really patriotic Australians: P.M Dire straits to join
Quote by baddog144
What about all those instrumentals people enjoy?

Well I like most songs that I like because of the lyrics, although I like to listen to some instrumentals from Nobuo Uematsu to say Joe Satriani, it usually is hooked to a feeling or sense of nostalgia or something of the sort, which pretty much goes hand in hand with lyrics to life only it's the actual music instead.
I will stand by all this drinking if it helps me through these days,
It takes a long time just to get this all straight.
The performers actually knowing what they're doing with their instruments and not just banging on some chords.

Innovation, and talent.

EDIT: at least that's for me. as for we...i have no clue what draws people to some songs.
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life."
-Frank Zappa

"Where words fail, music speaks."
-Hans Christian Andersen
Last edited by BlindSilence917 at Sep 29, 2009,
Quote by jbridge90
Your mommas sweet honey pot

I second that mother fucker!

*raises hand ready for high five*
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Nelsean

*Delivers epic high five*
Quote by Syndromity
Well I like most songs that I like because of the lyrics, although I like to listen to some instrumentals from Nobuo Uematsu to say Joe Satriani, it usually is hooked to a feeling or sense of nostalgia or something of the sort, which pretty much goes hand in hand with lyrics to life only it's the actual music instead.

Mmm, fair enough
I personally don't take as much notice of the lyrics as the melody. Different priorities I guess.
Official Member of the 'Fly your australian flag high club' for the really patriotic Australians: P.M Dire straits to join
TS, I feel i should apologize for playing what I'm sure was at least a small part in the downfall of your thread.

Either that or it was the lack of originality in the topic.

J-Edit: ^ Because sometimes I actually say humorous things ^
Last edited by jbridge90 at Sep 29, 2009,
^Well its more of an individual thing rather than what everyone likes.

Aside from all of the basics, like the quality of its song-writing, the originality of the song, etc., I think what has been really key to the best song is the factor of time. I mean they are the perfect songs for the periods that the come from.

So, great songs are the ones that represent to us a much broader scope of ideas and the spirit of the time.
Quote by Nelsean

Holy **** it's that guy! Where the hell have you been?
Member of Australia FTW Club !

BASS RIG BUDGET $245 / $4900

Quote by UG
thank you zackR .