Page 1 of 2
Hey people,

I need some good busking songs cause I need to learn ten in the next two weeks. (Only have one at the moment.) I like Hard Rock, and green day. I currently have 21 guns y greenday. Any suggestions? Let me know as soon as you can!!!

Cheers,

gusash (Angus)

P.s. Im attaching 21 guns the song I have already. (Guitar Pro 5 file)
Attachments:
21_guns_ver4.gp5
ಠ_ಠ
I will stand by all this drinking if it helps me through these days,
It takes a long time just to get this all straight.
i know it's not that hard, but i guess it's sort of on the same lines as 21 guns, and it sounds fine with 1 or 2 guys playing acoustically.

Grinspoon - Chemical Heart

Quote by Syndromity
ಠ_ಠ

Why don't you stop being a wanker.
Last edited by Telecaster7 at Sep 29, 2009,
go gong busking and play candle in the wind.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
All you need to do is learn whatever is in the charts and being played at nightclubs and throw in some of the classics. People will give you money if you play chart stuff because "Ohh my Goooowd that's my favourrite song!!!1!"
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Telecaster7
i know it's not that hard, but i guess it's sort of on the same lines as 21 guns, and it sounds fine with 1 or 2 guys playing acoustically.

Grinspoon - Chemical Heart

Why don't you stop being a wanker.

Why don't you complain to someone who gives a **** about your opinion,

he want's to busk and he is going to sing 21 guns, then you give him a song that I doubt many people know,

which when people know a song they usually enjoy it more which means they will be more willing to help him,

so my comment to him and you is

ಠ_ಠ

Now **** off.
Quote by Telecaster7
I'm not even going to bother...

The person who posted a few before me has the same point as me.
Quote by jbridge90
Could someone please explain to me what busking is?

Busking is the practice of performing in public places for tips and gratuities. People engaging in this practice are called buskers or street performers. Busking performances can be just about anything that people find entertaining. Buskers may do acrobatics, animal tricks, balloon twisting, card tricks, clowning, comedy, contortions & escapes, dance, fire eating, fortune-telling, juggling, magic, mime and a mime variation where the artist performs as a living statue, musical performance, puppeteering, snake charming, storytelling or recite poetry or prose as a bard, street art (sketching and painting, etc.), street theatre, sword swallowing, or even present a flea circus.

Tl;dR

Street Performers.
Quote by Syndromity

Tl;dR

Street Performers.

Thanks Syn you are now my favorite 09'er.

Sorry Shinysides
Quote by Syndromity
Busking is the practice of performing in public places for tips and gratuities. People engaging in this practice are called buskers or street performers. Busking performances can be just about anything that people find entertaining. Buskers may do acrobatics, animal tricks, balloon twisting, card tricks, clowning, comedy, contortions & escapes, dance, fire eating, fortune-telling, juggling, magic, mime and a mime variation where the artist performs as a living statue, musical performance, puppeteering, snake charming, storytelling or recite poetry or prose as a bard, street art (sketching and painting, etc.), street theatre, sword swallowing, or even present a flea circus.

Tl;dR

Street Performers.

You copied and pasted that off wikipedia. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Busking)

Thankyou to all the people who have actually replied with decent songs. I believe I was quite clear with my question. I wanted a list of songs I could use to busk. Most of you just started degrading like a bunch of bambling, bumbling, band of baboons. Shame on you. If you wish to actually post a decnt song, feel free to do so. Otherwise, please create some other thread which you can all use to abuse each other mindlessly...
Quote by gusash
You copied and pasted that off wikipedia. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Busking)

Thankyou to all the people who have actually replied with decent songs. I believe I was quite clear with my question. I wanted a list of songs I could use to busk. Most of you just started degrading like a bunch of bambling, bumbling, band of baboons. Shame on you. If you wish to actually post a decnt song, feel free to do so. Otherwise, please create some other thread which you can all use to abuse each other mindlessly...

Do something like Dust in the Wind or All Along The Watchtower, both are accommodated by acoustic guitar and songs pretty much everyone knows.
Quote by Syndromity
Do something like Dust in the Wind or All Along The Watchtower, both are accommodated by acoustic guitar and songs pretty much everyone knows.

Thank you.
Gomez - See The World

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
probably not "hard rock" but zebra by john butler trio is an awesome busking song, its pretty much based around 1 riff so theres plenty of room to throw in some improvisation and just jam it out. Anything by JBT really is ideal for busking situations, i think that's how he started out too just jamming and busking on the streets.
I really wouldn't say that Along the Watchtower is a well known song. I mean sure, everyone on this site knows the song, but if you think about it, the number of people who really KNOW they song dwindles quite a bit IRL.
Quote by Syndromity
Why don't you complain to someone who gives a **** about your opinion,

he want's to busk and he is going to sing 21 guns, then you give him a song that I doubt many people know,

which when people know a song they usually enjoy it more which means they will be more willing to help him,

so my comment to him and you is

ಠ_ಠ

Now **** off.

LOL wow someone **** in your wheaties nancy?
'never a victim,' the role model said,
bang-bang, the bad guy is dead,
always a rockstar on eMpty TV,
the lesson complete, now the child has needs.
Can someone please tell me WTF this smiley means?

ಠ_ಠ
I think its time to pack your things lets go,
To a place where we both know,
And dont worry, I'll drive real slow,
Spend some time before we go..
Quote by Wells-Zeppelin
Can someone please tell me WTF this smiley means?

ಠ_ಠ

I've always taken it to mean

O RLY?
Get a bit of Variety in your act:

Vermilion part 2- Slipknot
The Passenger- Iggy Pop and the Stooges
House of the Rising Sun- Animals

EDIT: and that smiley is the face of disapproval.
??? Fund: cba to keep up with it.
will at least try when I get a jerb
੧_\\\

yours,

Alex (mcfreaki)
Quote by jbridge90
I've always taken it to mean

O RLY?

**** your avatar man, **** it right to Hell!

I watched that movie when I was like 8 and was scared of drains for ages

EDIT ^^ That makes sense.
I think its time to pack your things lets go,
To a place where we both know,
And dont worry, I'll drive real slow,
Spend some time before we go..
Last edited by Wells-Zeppelin at Sep 29, 2009,
Quote by Wells-Zeppelin
**** your avatar man, **** it right to Hell!

I watched that movie when I was like 8 and was scared of drains for ages

I'm thinking of taking a picture of an Ovaltine container, and shooping it to look like the LOL pear but as an Ovaltine container instead.
Simple Man - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Quote by Vindication
sorry, but were you born a dumbass or did your mom n' dad take turns bashing your head with cinderblocks?

Quote by Gemini
You know that if you image search "pitbulls humping", all that comes up is a myspace a guy made for their dog?

I didn't actually..
Bob dylan goes down well, easy oasis, beatles
as everyones said, people prefer to hear what they already know when someones busking =>
Basically anything with a feel good feeling and sounds generally happy will do good for busking. Heres a few my friends and I play when we busk

I'm Yours - Jason Mraz (With improv solos by each of us)
Hotel California - The Eagles (We link both solos together for an epic mesh of 10 minutes)
Patience - GnR
She Will Be Loved - Maroon 5
12 bar blues!!!!!! in A
Also, most things by Tenacious D will go down well, if you can pull it off.
Deadly Sinners by 3 inches of blood will generate a circle pit, while repelling all of the bible-bashers.
??? Fund: cba to keep up with it.
will at least try when I get a jerb
੧_\\\

yours,

Alex (mcfreaki)
Last edited by mcfreaki at Sep 29, 2009,
Any song that has been mainstream either now or long ago...anything in between that is unacceptable.

But you're bound to make alot of profit if you play I Cum Blood.
Quote by tatotato
Play Beatles songs.

This, The Beatles have fans in all generations.
Also maybe
Somebody to Love-Jefferson Airplane
Catch the Dragon
Quote by hriday_hazarika
This thread is as terrible as music, which sucks balls.
Anything by John Butler. Neil Young is usually a good crowd pleaser, or Beatles songs work well.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
also

listen to pearl jams backspacer
theres some songs on there i reckon would go down awesomely for busking

stick to the classics man.
Ill Take it all
Arrows and Guns.. Hundreds and more

Save you from one
Page 1 of 2