I could do with some help on this really badly.

I'm going to be doing a recital in a few days time and I know for a fact there'll be chord sheets.

Only problem is that they'll be capo'ed chords on said chord sheets and I have no idea what I am supposed to do.

One song I looked at was Capo 2 and yet the first chord in the song is an A, which I'm certain is PLAYED on the 2nd, fret, but with the capo that seems wrong...

help?
Try this: take whatever fret the capo is placed on, and modulate any given chord up by that many semitones. For example, when playing an A chord with Capo 2, you'd hear a B. So play a B.
Quote by yoduh4077
Try this: take whatever fret the capo is placed on, and modulate any given chord up by that many semitones. For example, when playing an A chord with Capo 2, you'd hear a B. So play a B.

I would probably go for this myself. if that doesnt work, just follow the sheet as if the capo wasnt there. (If it says A, play A)
play the a chord with the root note on the 6th string rather than the 5th.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
if a guitar is capo'ed on the 2nd fret, he would play a G shape chord and get an A. just follow the sheet and you should be fine. the capos don't really have to apply for you.

unless they're capoing and playing the chord shapes written on the sheet.. then you'd have to do some quick transposing.
If it says capo 1 you'll have to transpose up a fret. Basically what a capo does is moves the nut up one fret. So guitarists have to play a G#, but that's too hard, so they use a capo and see on the sheet a G chord, play a "G" chord, but because they have a capo it allows them to play G# with an open G shape. You however, would have to transpose and play a G#.
Jazz rock feel is correct - capo'd chord sheets show the chord SHAPE, not what chord it actually is. if my memory serves me correctly, some chord sheets might also show what the chord actually is in brackets alongside, but I think this is quite rare.