I have this Ericsson W705. Got it only a couple of months back. Whenever I try to open either "Applications" or "Games" I get an "Operation Failed" error. Nothing happens whenever I try to open the calculator. What can I do to fix this?
Buy a phone that isn't a Sony Ericsson. They're s***e
________ A
________C
________E
________!
I have had Sony Ericssons for 7 years and i have never had any problems what so ever.
Have you tried factory reset?
¯|(°_o)/¯
yeah same... sony ericsson ftw.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Try removing the battery and then putting it back in. Sometimes it used to help when my crapped out
Yeah sounds like a fault, return it.

Or go to the sony ericsson website and see if a software update is available, that normally fixes problems.

Try taking it back to the shop you bought it at.
the same thing happened with one of my old sony erricsons, i sent it back and got a new one cause nothing seemed to fix it
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Yeah sounds like a fault, return it.

Or go to the sony ericsson website and see if a software update is available, that normally fixes problems.

Try taking it back to the shop you bought it at.

Isn't a driver update risky?
Quote by GS LEAD 5

Not really...
¯|(°_o)/¯
Quote by GS LEAD 5

Risky how?

I don't think SE would release an update that would damage your phone
Quote by GS LEAD 5
I'm scared of an error occurring during installation and bricking the phone.

Sounds very unlikely. But hand it in if you're to unsure on how to do it yourself.
¯|(°_o)/¯
Quote by GS LEAD 5
I'm scared of an error occurring during installation and bricking the phone.

Oh I see.

Yeah as long as the cable is secure and your laptop doesn't run out of battery, it should be fine!

I like this thread. The pit has been so helpful to you instead of just ignoring your question

Yeah anyway I work in mobile phone retail and it's kind of a "known thing" that sony ericsson software isn't very good. We do get a lot of complaints about them. So if you go to SE direct they'll just be like "oh, another one" and swap your phone with little trouble.
^ Yup. Just send it in under warranty...no problem. They're pretty fast about it.

Why all the hatin' on Ericssons, btw? AFAIK there aren't any other phones out there that do what they do for the same price.
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Sep 29, 2009,
Quote by Mutant Corn
^ Yup. Just send it in under warranty...no problem. They're pretty fast about it.

Why all the hatin' on ericssons? AFAIK there aren't any other phones out there that do what they do for the same price.

they all do pretty much the same really, so yeah there are
Quote by GS LEAD 5

I just found it interesting that there is no worldwide warranty coverage. Sorry for trying to be of use.
^^ I was mainly referring to the W-series...they have a lot of little features that really add up to make awesome phones, once you learn how to use the PC suite. They lose a lot of usefulness if you don't make use of that. Granted, the US market is pretty skewed...you folks across the pond have better options all around, so it may be different over there. But over here it's hard to beat one, especially if you have a laptop and an unlimited data plan; they function as bluetooth/usb modems and can connect your computer to whatever data networks are available to your phone.
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Sep 29, 2009,
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Oh I see.

Yeah as long as the cable is secure and your laptop doesn't run out of battery, it should be fine!

I like this thread. The pit has been so helpful to you instead of just ignoring your question

Yeah anyway I work in mobile phone retail and it's kind of a "known thing" that sony ericsson software isn't very good. We do get a lot of complaints about them. So if you go to SE direct they'll just be like "oh, another one" and swap your phone with little trouble.

Just glad I wasn't asked to make love to the phone's USB slot....