Im thinking about buying a cheapy ibanez GRG170DXL for faffing about with in the house.

Being left handed im limited by choice. I was looking for an ibanez in a similar shape and price with a fixed bridge but the only one I found was right hand only. So im going to have to buy this with a fat10 tremolo bridge.

I was reading people saying I could make some modifications to hardtail the GRG170DXL. How would I go about this and is it difficult to do?

The reason I want it hardtailed is I want to ensure maximum tuning stability using this guitar, and would never use the tremolo arm. There are a lot of reviews on the intenet saying the fat10 bridge causes tuning instability.

Thanks.
Hmm, it is a okay beginners guitar! But the bridge sucks!
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
You could just put 5 springs in the trem cavity and screw the tremolo screws all the way down. But that's just the easy way,...

You could also take out the whole tremolo unit and fill the cavity with a block of wood. Then you could mount an actual hardtail bridge on it.
Quote by TheOpenMind

You could also take out the whole tremolo unit and fill the cavity with a block of wood. Then you could mount an actual hardtail bridge on it.

sounds like that could be the answer im looking for. thanks.
if you want a hardtail does it need to be rg shaped, the art120l is a lefty lp shape with a hardtail.

if you goto the uk ibanez site there`s the full list of lefties in current production. (link is on the right side of the page near the catalogue link (can`t direct link `cos the site is in frames)
I had a GRG170DX and I never had any problems with it really. I never really used the trem, and it stayed in tune fairly well.