I've got a party on Saturday, and a friend of mine will bring his electric over.

What's the best songs to learn and play in 5 days time?

I thought Stone Sour's Bother would be great for melting girls, but I still want other rocking songs to make them go wild. I thought about some Muse and Knights of Cydonia.

Except I cum blood. That's a song I'll def play.
the time it takes someone to learn a new song is inversely proportional to their technical proficiency.
Last edited by MapOfYourHead at Sep 29, 2009,
I've been playing for 1 and half years.
In 5 days I can learn many stuffz cuz I'll work on them.

So does anyone know any stuff to rock out to or ballads that make girls swoon?

Or any other impressive metal that can be easily tackled at that.
Octopus's Garden by The Beatles. If you can nail that and sing it decent at the same time, you'll do fine. If you need something better known, Let it Be's pretty simple.
Hey I don't sing much except a wild karaoke night (and I sounded quite good then) so I'm betting more on the electric guitar. I'm definetely playing Knights of Cydonia because it's got an infectious beat and riffs that can get a crowd moving... Plus it's easier for me to sing along with it. (...???)

And rock songs that utilise distortion on the guitar would do fine s
Quote by ingames
I've been playing for 1 and half years.
In 5 days I can learn many stuffz cuz I'll work on them.

So does anyone know any stuff to rock out to or ballads that make girls swoon?

Or any other impressive metal that can be easily tackled at that.

Wind Cries Mary, especially if you sing it.

Always play things people recognize, not to amaze the crowd. It's a party, you're not trying to impress people with technical skill or hard songs. So bands like Nirvana, Foo Fighters, or punk bands would be the dominant things to play.

If you're still hell bent on playing a bit harder things, again, Wind Cries Mary, Bold as Love, Voodoo Child(Slight Return), Purple Haze. I've found Hendrix to always be good to play with crowds.

The Who would also be good. My Generation, Pinball Wizard, Behind Blue Eyes.

Guns n Roses is well known. Sweet Child of Mine, Welcome to the Jungle, Rocket Queen.

Anything The Beatles. They're not hailed as the greatest band in history for nothing. Everyone knows them, and has heard a song by them. Play their more popular songs that more people will recognize. Strawberry Fields Forever, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, With a Little Help From My Friends, Get Back, Don't Let Me Down, I've Just Seen a Face, Helter Skelter, etc. Lots of Beatles to choose from.

Cream is good too. Sunshine of Your Love is the obvious song. White Room, Crossroads, Strange Brew, Spoonful.
Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here
Stuff:

Ibanez SZ720FM (Duncan Distortion and a 59)
Fender 60s (Mex) Strat - (SD vintage pups)
Blackstar HT5
EHX Metal Muff
Digitech Weapon
You probably won't do it but I say you should improvise with scales. It is fun to improvise solos like the Love Buzz solo.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Do stuff people know and can sing along to: Wonderwall by Oasis, Hero by Enrique, or Rockstar by Nickelback are the first ones that come to mind that I'm asked all the bloody time. Don't work on guitar flashery because to be honest, that only impresses guitarists.

By the way, you'll only get girls if you can sing. Even then, it's better on an acoustic.

(and do I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) by The Proclaimers)
Cam Sampbell's my hero