So I've been using an Ibanez GRG170DX For about 7 months now, and i'm starting to need a secondary one (having to tune to D and the back up to E every day is annoying). I'm looking for a good heavy/thrash/death/power metal guitar/amp. I've got around 650-700(£,GBP) to spend, am looking to spend at max 400 on the guitar, 200 on the amp and the rest on a good multi fx pedal.

Any good recomendations?

Also, i'd keep the ibanez grg170dx for standard tuning and use the new one for D

My shortlist so far:

LTD KH-202
Dean Razorback
Jackson Warrior WRXT
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavy Vypyr 30
Line 6 Spider 4 (30)
Last edited by DarXyde at Sep 30, 2009,
For the amp get a Peavey Vypyr 30 and a Sanpera Footswitch and you won't need a Multi-FX.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by JesusCrisp
For the amp get a Peavey Vypyr 30 and a Sanpera Footswitch and you won't need a Multi-FX.

Duly noted, would save a lot of money as well i guess, but is the footswitch*needed*?
Last edited by DarXyde at Sep 29, 2009,
No, not needed, but you could actually control the effects and your presets with the footswitch dynamically. So you don't need to stop playing, and press buttons, turn knobs and stuff, to change channels. Also I think you can only use some effects with the footswitch.

Let's say it's not needed but VERY helpful and good to have and it doesn't cost that much I think.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Don't forget the Sanpera I and II allow you access to extra amp settings and the looper function which is especially handy for playing harmonies.
My Gear:

B.C. Rich Warlock Bronze Series
Jackson Performer 6
Peavey Vypyr 30
Sanpera II