* Maple neck-through construction ("C" cut neck profile).

* Sti, MMi - Maple bolt-on construction ("C" cut neck profile).

* Rosewood fretboard; no inlays

* Medium jumbo frets.

* Alder body.

* 1 11/16" (43 mm) nut width.

* Bone nut or locking nut system depending on the bridge.

* 24.75" Scale (628.65 mm).

* 24 frets.

* Two high output humbucking pickups.

* Two pickup volume controls; master tone control; three position selector switch.

* Grover 6-inline mini machines or 3-per side standards depending on the headstock.

* All black hardware. (Unless custom ordered).

* Fixed wrap-around, fixed string through or Floyd Rose licensed double locking tremolo system.

Hardware color, bridge type and color can be custom ordered. We will also custom install the pickups of your choice or a Kahler flat mount trem on request at an additional charge.

Considering that, would you call that a good guitar?...

Now, i will attach a picture of said guitar

READ : WHETHER YOU LIKE THE WAY IT LOOKS, THAT DOES NOT EFFECT HOW GOOD OF A GUITAR IT IS.

i am sick to death of people flaming radical looking guitars, calling them sh*t because of their looks or saying only people who want attention will buy it

to be honest, what i want is something that looks great and plays great

not something that sounds amazing and looks like crap

The thing is, i don't know whether to go for a Marshall halfstack and upgrade from the small 40w combo i have at the moment, or get this Guitar and have my Jackson DXMG to
I don't use my amp ever anyway, not even to tune

What do you think i should do?

TL: DR This guitar or a marshall halfstack, i barely use an amp though
Attachments:
1_bvi_t_black.jpg
Last edited by ShredHead396 at Sep 29, 2009,
Don't see any problems. You might want an official floyd rose if you're going that way, but other than that, noone can tell you what's a good or bad guitar. If you like the tone that those woods give, go for it. But you should try it out first. But as I said, if you like it, buy it. Don't give a **** what other people say, it's you that's going to hear it most in the end.

And about the looks, I'd play it. Not my fav look but if I was given one I would keep it.
Last edited by anubiz03 at Sep 29, 2009,
high output humbuckers isnt very specific. it could be great or sh1t. the licenced fr sounds a bit dodgy to me. otherwise it seems like a solid guitar.

i have to say, i dont mind radical shaped guitars at all but the problem is that you are screwed if you play anything other than metal with them. sure, the guitar might be able to withstand it... but can your ego withstand it?

edit: i just saw the picture. sorry but i loled
Last edited by TheFunkyAvocado at Sep 29, 2009,
The specification alone doesn't say if a guitar is good or not. The alder used for the body might be great as well as awful, same with licensed Floyd Rose - some are good, some are awful. Same with pickups. Basically, the thread is pretty pointless, sorry.

Oh, and no one will convince me that all the dents in the body actually make the tone better, that's a lot of wood taken away from the body just to make it look 'aggressive' which is silly. You want to have an aggressive image? Then play like you mean it, geez.
These wierd shaped guitars don't have enough wood/body to produce a fat a warm tone.
That's my opinion.
But that depends on the style of music you want to play.

For example: if you've heard TOOL before you will notice that the guitar sounds are very fat and have lots of bass sound to it... this kind of sound you wouldn't even get with a startocaster let alone with one of these you show above.
Good body and good woods provide fatter and warmer tones.
If it is not your kind of thing... then I think you will be fine.

PS.: Select you pickups/Humbuckers well. Not every pickup is a good pickup. Learn the difference between single coil and other types like Humbuckers dual coils... etc...
Gear:
MXR Super Badass -->
BOSS SD WAZA -->
FENDER CD 140 SCE -->
MXR M300 REVERB -->
TC ELECTRONIC FLASHBACK
ESP EC 401 VF TSB -->
BOSS KATANA HEAD 100 WATT -->
MILF Tease
Quote by Pingis_Or_Death
A Marshall halfstack for the prize of that guitar? Surely you don't mean a Marshall MG halfstack?

No, a Marshall TSL60 JCM200 and then probably a 120w cab
the spec sheet still means nothing other than construction of the guitar, every guitar is different and you won`t know until you get it in your hands and feel and hear it, if however i saw that on the wall in a store i wouldn`t pick it up `cos it doesn`t appeal to me visually, despite it probably being a good instrument i would definatly pass it by.
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Sep 29, 2009,
Go for the guitar. That way if some drunk at your gig pisses you off, You can stab and slice him up.
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
most guitars can play well with a setup and the rest of the specs apart from the ones talking about the neck are completely irrelevant to you.

obviously looks are what matters to you so why are you bothering to ask?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by NHECOS
These wierd shaped guitars don't have enough wood/body to produce a fat a warm tone.
That's my opinion.
But that depends on the style of music you want to play.

For example: if you've heard TOOL before you will notice that the guitar sounds are very fat and have lots of bass sound to it... this kind of sound you wouldn't even get with a startocaster let alone with one of these you show above.
Good body and good woods provide fatter and warmer tones.
If it is not your kind of thing... then I think you will be fine.

PS.: Select you pickups/Humbuckers well. Not every pickup is a good pickup. Learn the difference between single coil and other types like Humbuckers dual coils... etc...

+1

Not enough wood to give that guitar good enough tone for me, another reason why I don't like really thin necks. In my opinion you lose out on the guitars acoustic tone.
Anyways, I know you're ranting and I see the point of your thread to a degree but its pointless really. Look at it this way....
Lets take an American Fender Strat and a Squier Affinity Strat. Both have alder body's, maple necks, maple or rosewood fingerboards, Alnico pickups etc. Are they the same?
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by vinnie-watt5
Go for the guitar. That way if some drunk at your gig pisses you off, You can stab and slice him up.

+1

troo br00talzz
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Quote by ShredHead396
No, a Marshall TSL60 JCM200 and then probably a 120w cab

DO THIS

Get a new amp, and use it with your Jackson.
The Jackson is a great guitar!
Why get another guitar if you don't use an amp? They have similar playability, so it'll be a waste of cash.

Get the JCM2000, plug in your Jackson, and prepare for some great tone!
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
troo br00talzz!!!
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
a few things that comes to mind;
1; the pickup brand is not specified. I would definitely try these pickups before i assumed they were good.
2; That headstock design; no matter wether it's cool or not; is an accident waiting to happen. a small bump into just about anything and one of these horns are going to snap right off.
3; Licensed floyd roses are generally crap unless proven otherwise. Get to know what kind of lfr it is.
You want an electric guitar to barely use it with an amp?
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
There are plenty of badass V's that have a lot more wood to them. With all those little cuts and chips in it, you're getting assraped out of sustain and low end response. If you seek teh br00talz, try looking at some higher end BC Richs. Also, wtf is the point of getting a second electric guitar if you don't even use the amp?????
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
Disregarding the picture and body style I'd say it is good enough, Minus the humbuckers and maybe the floyd rose bridge. Although it is nice not to have noise in a pickup many humbuckers sound a lot darker than single coils and I don't really like that. I'm not sure about the Floyd Rose, I like to have a tremolo but I don't really want it to be a hassle.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Quote by simpleben09
There are plenty of badass V's that have a lot more wood to them. With all those little cuts and chips in it, you're getting assraped out of sustain and low end response. If you seek teh br00talz, try looking at some higher end BC Richs. Also, wtf is the point of getting a second electric guitar if you don't even use the amp?????

I don't seel Teh Br00t4lz

I just didn't know all of this buisness about how much wood effect's your tone beforehand