So yeah, basically there is this piece which consists of 100 metronomes ticking away until they all stop. link

What do people here think of minimalism? I like a handful of Philip Glass, but I don't listen to much more than that.
It's not art any more.

It's just a way to get culture grants from the government.
It sounds too much like being in a room where 100 people are typing very fast on computers.
I just need about $3.50
(<X.X)O=('.'Q)

I'm the motherflippin'
These sorts of statements about the definition of art are painfully banal now. Yes, we get it, anything can be considered art, but at least make an effort to make it fucking good. I can respect experimentation, but not when it's just for the sake of doing something that doesn't sound like art.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by whalepudding
These sorts of statements about the definition of art are painfully banal now. Yes, we get it, anything can be considered art, but at least make an effort to make it fucking good. I can respect experimentation, but not when it's just for the sake of doing something that doesn't sound like art.

+1 I'm sick of assholes who paint a canvas orange and sell it to other assholes.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by blue_strat
It's not art any more.

It's just a way to get culture grants from the government.

Seems kinda boring to me
I can make art like that too you know. I'll just kill a cow and paint it yellow. That's art too nowadays.