is it,becuase im looking to upgrade around christmas,from a fender starcaster,and a peice of crap squier 10 amp
My brother has an Ibanez RG which seems a very good guitar. That's the only Ibanez I've played but if their other guitars are as good then they are a very good brand.
Quote by customisbetter
seriously though, they make good and crummy guitars. you get what you pay for. don't expect an GIO to be miles better than your starcaster.

this.

also, budget?
style of music?
do you gig or is it for home use?
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
What is your price range? What style music you play? You can get a good Ibanez for around 800 and you can get a good Strat for around 850. You can get a GREAT Strat and ibanez for around 1500. You can also build a guitar with exactly what you want in a guitar for around 700-1000. Again I think it depends on your style music

ESP LTD RZK-600
4 Custom Strats
1 Custom Soloist (Warmoth)
1 Custom Telecaster (Warmoth)
2007 Jimmie Vaughan Sig Strat

Callaham Hardware & Bridges
Fender Custom Shop 69's
Dimarzio Breed Pickups

Blues Junior Amp
BlackStar HT Club 40 Amp
Ibanez is a great brand, look in pawn shops and ebay, craigslist and you can find some great ones at a good price, most rgs are great and s series
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger
If you have a serious budget, try buying one second hand.
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!
The Ibanez artcore models are pretty good semihollow electrics. I have one of the smaller ones and it plays really good for how much I payed for it. I have also played one of the larger ones and it felt great. If you are looking to spend like 400-600 they are a good choice. Of course your style of music may preclude a semihollow electric.
I have a Ibanez SZ320, and its really nice. They dont make them anymore tho, so youd have to look second hand, or get the new SZR model for around 500$ i would reckon. I also owned a starter GRG170DX, that was an awsome good guitar for such a low price, and a RG550, that was an awsome guitar perioid. So all in all, every Ibanez guitar that i have played was nice, except one, that i cant remember the model. But i played like 30 Ibanezs so far, so no biggie, its a good brand. Just make sure you try the guitar before you buy it.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
I have an Ibanez GRX40 and my brother have an Ibanez RG2570.
GRX40 - It's the older Idonesian model. The singles are good (at least, they're alnico), but the humbucker is harsh at higy gain.
RG2570- Very comfortable guitar. Sounds a bit better, because it has a basswood body and that a bit weak in tonality.
If you buy from a good series , you'll pretty much be guaranteed a good guitar.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Simsimius
If you buy from a good series , you'll pretty much be guaranteed a good guitar.

This, spend over five hundred on an Ibanez and you'll get a good guitar. But you want to avoid *Insert blatant slander of Edge III trem here*
Quote by customisbetter
I disagree. And that is from numerous Edge III expiriences.

Fair enough, I've never tried an Edge III for more than twenty minutes so my opinion isn't really valid in that regard anyways.
as everyone has said, you get good ones and bad ones. You get what you pay for.

dont expect a $150 GIO to be like a $1500 J Custom
absolutely freakin awesome brand, can`t actually believe the question is being asked.......the build quality far outstrips any by it`s main rival jackson.
Ibanez makes great guitar. Some have issues with the Edge III. Me personally...I have never had an issue with mine.

Just look at how many of the greats use Ibanez and it should tell you enough. Vai, Gilbert, Satch, me, ibanezgod......haha!!
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
They make a lot of good guitars, but I must say this (and this is a personal opinion)

Seems like they all have a pretty simplified or uncharacteristic sound. I'm not sure what it is, but even in a lot of the higher end models i've played the picks ups just sound lame. Sure, they can produce sick leads but other than that they suck.
I guess they are good.
Though I only like their semi-hollowbody guitars.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by srob7001
Ibanez makes great guitar. Some have issues with the Edge III. Me personally...I have never had an issue with mine.

Just look at how many of the greats use Ibanez and it should tell you enough. Vai, Gilbert, Satch, me, ibanezgod......haha!!

help yourself to a beer from the cyber fridge