Are Epiphone Dot's any good? I want to get another guitar (already got a Les Paul) at some point in the future and quite like the idea of a hollow body.

Can you get a good number of music styles out of it? I know Josh Homme plays one so they must be quite good.
I have one, and it's excellent for everything I play on it. Downtuned stuff may not be too great, but classic/standard tuned metal sounds pretty good with it. I play through an old Peavey Classic 50.
dont own one, played it and it had a nice feel but people have told me they hated it. All up to opinion i guess, just like all guitars. Ive played nicer semi-hallows but overall I think the dot is pretty nice.
Love mine it's great.

I play loads of different stuff on it.

I think people get confused by hollow bodies and semi hollowbodies and think that they cant handle distortion or something. But they're just like any othe guitar, they just happen to be hollow/sem-hollow.
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Kyuss, QotSa?
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Dots can handle anything IMO. Mine feels great and was set up perfectly. and they CAN handle distortion and dont get lots of feedback due to the block in the center which makes it semi-hollow
Rigz.
SX Furrian
Eastwood Mandocaster
Bugera v55
DigiTech DL8
Boss BD-2
Dean Markley Tuner
Ebow

Gear Hitlist:
2x12 Cab
yeah im in love with my dot.
it sounds better on clean than my schecter.
which is kinda funny cause the dot is worth like 300$ and the schecter is worth over 1000$ (supposedly, theyre like 850$ in guitar center)
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
Hey, I've also been looking at these and in my search have come across the Ibanez Artcore AS73, and AS93. They may be worth a look.
Gear:
Fender Classic Series 50's Strat
Vox VT15 amp
Bongos

Quote by BillyRamone
Looks like Harry Potter about to fly an old biplane. A lady killer, but the ladies cannot figure out which state he's from - Indiana, or Pennsylvania?
Owns the under 5'2" hotties.
Quote by JTBach
Hey, I've also been looking at these and in my search have come across the Ibanez Artcore AS73, and AS93. They may be worth a look.

meh i was gonna get an artcore. idk they just feel madddd weird....
Rigz.
SX Furrian
Eastwood Mandocaster
Bugera v55
DigiTech DL8
Boss BD-2
Dean Markley Tuner
Ebow

Gear Hitlist:
2x12 Cab
I looked at one yesterday and they are very nice. I expected it to be chunky but it is actually quite thin. Out of interest how does it compare to the Sheraton and Ibanez AFS? Obviously they cost more but other than that?
I have an AS73 and I'm totally in love it. It has a beautiful round sound and the finish is faultless. You really must check them out.

Thrench
how does it compare to the Sheraton and Ibanez AFS

I don't know about the Ibanez, but I much prefer my dot to the sheraton, they are of a slightly different shape and feel. I love the dot, it is very versatile, I can play blues, jazz, rock n roll, classic rock, prog, blues rock and even some heavy metal. The thing about it is that it gives you a much more powerful sounding guitar. Many cheaper solid guitars sound quite weak in comparison to this.
Gibson SG Standard, Gibson SG 60s tribute, Edwards Les Paul, Fender Telecaster, Epiphone SG Custom