Okay.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfaJS-8sijQ
A few seconds into it you'll hear it start.
The part played is extremely simple.. and it may not sound like anything special.. but I'm doing a cover of this song and I don't know how to get my guitar sound like it.
It's an expensive good high quality guitar so the gear isn't the matter.

In that song, the guitar sounds really bright but has a big sort of deep sound to it.
I guess alot of reverb and some delay might do it with maybe raising the EQ for the high frequencies?
Or what do you think?
Also, is the guitar double tracked in that song?

edit:
So I tried doing multiple tracks.. but it still doesn't work or have that sound. =\
It sounds alot more harsh than the original.. the original is real mellow and has a real relaxing sound to it and sounds strong.
bleh..

edit:
so after more listening to this song.. I don't think it has anything to do with recording but how it's played.. so I guess I should take this to tab section.. even though out of all the topics I've ever posted there, I've never got even one reply.
I looked up all the different tabs for this song.. and not one comes close. Some are acceptable and would be fine for maybe a simple live performance.. but nothing sounds like the studio version.
I tried:
The standard 2 note octave way
Capo on 2nd fret and the E and open A string way
Capo on 2nd fret and the octave + open A string way
Capo on 2nd fret and the octave + open A string, and the 3 high strings all tuned an octave above the normal A string and strummed
Guitar one and a half steps down and the octave and open D way/ no octave note (same as 2nd fret capo way pretty much)

Not any of this sounds like it.. I don't understand.
I mean if I were using cheap gear, I'd just figure it was that but I'm using a quality instrument that goes for about 32 hundred new and has really new strings on it so it sounds it's best..

This is really bugging me. About to just call it quits on doing this song.
Last edited by TechnicolorType at Sep 30, 2009,
I wouldn't say lots of reverb and delay - it just sounds like 3 or 4 guitars playing similar lines.
Quote by blue_strat
I wouldn't say lots of reverb and delay - it just sounds like 3 or 4 guitars playing similar lines.

yup, sampling is the trick, to play it live, i'd suggest maybe some short delay, not too much, or listen to a live version of it, and see how they do it...
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

Quote by blue_strat

Yeah, it sounds like multiple guitars. There might be a little reverb, but not a lot. I don't think they played with the EQ that much. You shouldn't really use EQ to change your guitar's sound, more to contour it to fit with the rest of the mix which does change it, but not entirely deliberately.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
So I've tried nearly everything to get it to sound like that and have had no luck at all.
Anyone have anymore ideas..?